Journalism Student at Northwestern Looking to Interview

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Journalism Student at Northwestern Looking to Interview

Postby Martias » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:58 pm

Hi everyone!

My name is Martin Kim, and I'm a journalism student at Northwestern University in Evanston. I'm currently working on a story for class about the kitesurfers in and around the Chicagoland area. I'd love to talk to some of the people on this forum--simple things like how you got started with kitesurfing, why it is that you do kitesurfing, so on and so forth. For full disclosure: I'd need full names, occupations, and ages for my source list, and I like phone interviews more than email/messaging interviews, but I'll take what I can get. I'd also love to come see some kitesurfing in person: my friend ditched me this weekend when he went, but I know there is wind today and possibly on Thursday at least in the Chicagoland area, so I'll keep my eyes out for details in the forums. I'm looking forward to talking to some of you! Don't hesitate to ask me any questions you have.

Thanks,

Martin
Martias
Kiter Noob

Re: Journalism Student at Northwestern Looking to Interview

Postby adseguy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:42 pm

Should be really windy on Wednesday and Thursday. Evanston is pretty close to Waukegan which is a great spot, but also Montrose beach in the city for these winds. I'll be down at Montrose those two days if you feel like going up there. Gimme a call at the number below or just wait until you here someone from Waukegan chime in if you don't want to make the hike downtown.

Either way, good luck on your story!
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Re: Journalism Student at Northwestern Looking to Interview

Postby Martias » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:35 pm

Thanks a lot to everyone who replied! I'll be calling people now and probably later tonight (not too late, probably no later than 9:30 or so). I hope to make it to a meet up tomorrow: the wind is raging outside my window right now.

Thanks again!

Martin Kim
Martias
Kiter Noob

Return to Open Forum