GoPro Retialers

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

GoPro Retialers

Postby Rew » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:51 am

Hey Guys, it was suggested I should repost this from the video section.

Hoping you can help me. Flying into Chicago form Ireland for a 2 days and want to pick up a GoPro Hero2 while there. Best buy and REI only do the Outdoor edition but I was hoping to grab the motorsports one with the suction cup. I reckon the sweet spot of mounts versus cost is the motorsports package combined with chest mount and vented helmet mount.

Can any point me in the direction of shops that stock them? Staying near Hancock Center. Any help much appreciated.
Rew
Kiter Noob

Re: GoPro Retialers

Postby 4w7s » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:37 am

Might try a motocross shop.
What dates are ye in Chicago?
I'll snoop around a bit and see what I can find.
What part of Eire ye from?
-Roberto

or you can order from these guys (CA warehouse) if you know what you want and can provide an acceptable shipping adress
http://www.eyeofmine.com/gopro/hd/
Roberto
PASA Level II Instructor
4w7s
Zen Levitator

Postby Rew » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:33 pm

Just a day (saturday) so very little options so just going to bite the bullet and get it in Best Buy. The Motorsports pack is def the better setup then the outdoor one but ill be happy to get the Hero2 either way.

I'm in Dublin. Fairly active kiteboard scene over here on east and west coasts. Never done it my self but ill get around to it one of the days.

Andrew
Rew
Kiter Noob

Postby Rew » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:36 pm

BTW Reason for getting it stateside is shipping to here is $80 and id be guaranteed to be stuck for 25% import duties and taxes for the combined price of the GoPro and shipping....
Rew
Kiter Noob

Postby 4w7s » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:28 pm

Try Champion Cylces on 3625 N. Western...probably about 15 min drive North of Hancock Center
773-528-6500...maybe send them an email now and see if they have what you want, or maybe they can get it in for you straight away

http://www.championcycle.com/catalog_ke ... F+Grab+Bag

have a look at some nice bikes there at any rate.

- Have kited Eire several times - mostly Clare/Kerry/Mayo but Dollymount and Rush too, it's a fantastic place...really had the craic there!

a wee wave in Clare from my first trip
Roberto
PASA Level II Instructor
4w7s
Zen Levitator

Postby skysurfr » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:20 pm

I have 2 that I'd be willing to sell. Used once or twice.

If you're interested, hit me up with a message.

Mike
Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Return to Open Forum