Clinton Lake Kiteboarding Map

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Re: Clinton Lake Kiteboarding Map

Postby FSP » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:13 pm

Wow Frank thats very thorough and thank you so much. The hot tub sounds pretty incredible with the shallow water for progressing and a long fetch for glassy water and clean winds.Having ridden the marina on ssw i cant say enough about the knee high ramps to launch off of with steady wind access and flat water behind the boat docks. Have not had good luck with steady winds at the beach but i am sure it happens.

Clinton is really great being that its just so windy down state where the elevation and flat lands allow for wind to access the area. As great as this is, there are even other options I hope the guys down there potentially chk one day, such as white oaks pond in bloomington and some gravel pits between champaign and bloomington? White oaks i have had 2 really fun sessions where there was no wind anywhere else. I have seen people water skiing on the gravel the pits which have sand all around them!!

Thanks again for taking the time to pass along.
FSP
Zen Levitator

Re: Clinton Lake Kiteboarding Map

Postby tommy2112 » Mon May 14, 2012 6:23 pm

Where are these Gravel pits? with the sand around them?
Just curious...might check them out.
tommy2112
Kiter Noob

Return to Open Forum