Slingshot Pro Spreader Bar

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Slingshot Pro Spreader Bar

Postby V » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:15 am

I have the Pro Spreader and the regular Spreader. Both feature the quick release head with the 180 degree swivel, the punch out, and the leash. The advantage to the pro spreader is the leash rope that runs around the back of the harness with the integrated leash release at the right side of the spreader. Very well built it seems and very easy to use. I will be cutting the plastic "post" tube off my chicken loop since it will now be getting in the way. I haven't played with the release yet, but plan to hang from the ceiling soon 6-12 inches off the floor and see how well the release works. It seems to not be very rigid, but rigid enough so that it won't release inadvertently in a wipeout or if you bump it with your hands.

I haven't ridden it yet, but when I do I will post a follow up.
V
Unstrapped!

Postby V » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:56 pm

Okay, been riding the slingshot spreader pro for a while now. I LOVE THIS BAR!

I took the "donkey dic-" and tucked it up under the release loop on the chicken loop (I think I'm going to just cut it off since I don't need it anymore) so I can unhook and rehook more easily. With the tube there, I can't get the loop into the hook so had to tuck it up and out of the way. I may use a plastic zip tie to permanently keep it up outta the way, but will still be on the bar if I need it one day.

Anyway, the spreader is great. Been riding fully locked in with the nylon backer snapped in, or with it just turned down loosely holding the chicken loop in, or unhooking and hooking in with the nylon backer rotated up and out of the way. The release works great. I had to use it today to land and released with a fair amount of pressure, but not too much. Enough to ensure it won't release inadvertently if you nudge it or wreack hard.

there is nothing in the way to rehook too. So by pulling the bar in toward me, and positioning the loop under the spreader, I just let the force of the kite to slide the loop up into place like a normal spreader. In the past the dakine loop would rotate up and prevent the loop from going in easily, but with this bar, there is no problem.
V
Unstrapped!

Return to Open Forum