I’ve been researching kitesurfing trends for my uni project and I’d like to ask you guys whether these are the main trends in kite design (I’d really appreciate your input, thanks):
- Companies are trying to design the smallest possible kite with the highest possible pulling power.
- Main recent innovations include the relaunch system, bow design and reduction in number of control lines.
- Kitesurfers mostly want kites that can be used in a broad wind speed range.
- The majority of kitesurfers like agile and manoeuvrable kites (in other words direct response is better than slow, sluggish response in kite control).
I’d like to get a better view of how the kites are developing in terms of new features and technical innovations.
I’m a newbie when it comes to actual kitesurfing - but I’m starting my training in a few weeks
– so any input would mean a lot.