Gear rental in Chicago?

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Gear rental in Chicago?

Postby Ms_bek » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:17 pm

As some of you may know, airlines have upped their price on large board bags and extra baggage fees, so traveling with your quiver has become quite costly. I am currently in Chicago without my gear for my two week summer vacation and was wondering if there were any local kite shops that have gear rental. I am certified through IKO, and an instructor at Islander Kiteboarding school down in Corpus Christi, Texas, so I have documentation and the 'know how' not to destroy/damage/abuse gear! I'm dying to check out the spots here in Chicago, so any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Heidi
Ms_bek
Kiter Noob

Re: Gear rental in Chicago?

Postby 4w7s » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:49 pm

I hope you get a chance to sample some Great Lakes kiting. If you venture over to MI I can help you out. I'm in Muskegon. To reach me its easiest to send an email.
Roberto
PASA Level II Instructor
4w7s
Zen Levitator

Postby Artem » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:27 pm

I have tons of gear!! I have waroo's, Nemesis's, Torches, and more. Shoot me a text so maybe we can work something out? 847-208-2759
Black 2011 12m North Vegas, Orange Best HP Nemesis 7m, 134cm Naish Thorn, 8'6 surfboard
-------------------------------------------------------
Artem
Artem
Boosticus Maximus

Postby Ms_bek » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:04 pm

Looks like I have impeccable timing- storm rolls through right as I get here and takes the wind along with it! Unfortunately, I'm heading up north for a few days, and windfinder doesn't predict good winds till I'm gone. :( I think I am going to spend the extra $$ next time and bring my gear along just to make sure I can ride when the gettin's good- when do you typically have to start wearing a wet suit up here? Anyone ever brave the wint cold here?
Ms_bek
Kiter Noob

Postby jpavy » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:03 am

If the Michigan City area In Indiana fires up while you are here I have available gear as well. Just call or text
John Pavy
219-210-6492
jpavy
Chop Wrestler

Return to Open Forum