Looking for Holland, MI report?

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Looking for Holland, MI report?

Postby mrgrey » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:00 pm

Looks like some nice warm Oct wind coming on Thurs with perfect side shore conditions in Holland, MI. I am thinking of spending the day there yet do not know the setup well because I have not been there. Would Holland SP be a good call if I did not want to go up further into MI? Any gurus help a brother out?

-Matt
mrgrey
Resident Windfreak

Re: Looking for Holland, MI report?

Postby Eric A. » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:09 am

Holland may be a good call for Thursday.

Most of my buddies are heading up to LSP area for the all day blow.
Me... I gotta work later that night so Im not doing the big drive, but Holland just may be the ticket for a good session.
Holland works great on a south but can be fickle and go side off at times....but it is one of the best options on a south in lower MI. Oval Beach In Saugatuck is too, but Holland has a pier. Saugie is open water.

If you like waves, Holland gets pretty damn nice when it gets rolling.
Eric A.
Kite Crew in Training

Re: Looking for Holland, MI report?

Postby FSP » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:41 pm

Matt-hey per ur call, I myself am weighing out waukeegan vs holland for the south. If wolf is going off and its ssw then worth the drive but if only a weak south end then waves wont be that much more worth imo and save the long drive to waukeegan. can be gusty over there on the shore too if south so make a final look in the am.
FSP
Zen Levitator

Return to Open Forum