Wisconsin snow warning looking good

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Wisconsin snow warning looking good

Postby snowball » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:10 pm

I predict it will be rain out here mostly atleast early in the front but a hour north may be a bit better. Season has started, oshkosh had some good snowfall last week my buddy said !!!

... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 3 AM CST FRIDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 3 AM CST FRIDAY.

* TIMING... PRECIPITATION MAY BEGIN AS A RAIN/SNOW/SLEET MIX TONIGHT. THE MORE SIGNIFICANT SNOW WILL BEGIN THURSDAY MORNING AND DIMINISH THURSDAY EVENING. HEAVIEST SNOW EXPECTED FROM MID MORNING THURSDAY THROUGH EARLY EVENING... ESPECIALLY WELL INLAND FROM THE LAKESHORE.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS... 6 TO 12 INCHES... WITH HIGHEST AMOUNTS IN WESTERN PORTIONS OF THE COUNTIES. THUNDERSNOW WITH RATES OF 2 TO 3 INCHES PER HOUR MAY BRIEFLY OCCUR.

* WINDS... NORTHEAST 10 TO 20 MPH TONIGHT BECOMING NORTHWEST 20 TO 30 MPH ON THURSDAY... WITH GUSTS OF 35 TO 45 MPH.

* IMPACTS... TRAVEL BECOMING DIFFICULT THURSDAY MORNING AND CONTINUE THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING. BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW AND POTENTIAL FOR NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS THURSDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. SOME POWER OUTAGES POSSIBLE DUE TO HEAVY WET SNOW COLLECTING ON TREES AND POWER LINES.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT... FOOD... AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR SLEET MEANS THAT A WINTER STORM SYSTEM IS IMPACTING THE AREA WITH SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SLEET. TRAVEL IS LIKELY TO BE SEVERELY IMPACTED.
My Quiver: Slingshot Fuels, Best Waroos, Mystic Harness, Brokite Board, Zap Skimboard, Naish Surfboard.

KITEBOARDING LESSONS - WATER - SNOW - LAND + GEAR SALES !!!

Owner at http://www.ChicagoKiteboardingLessons.com Email: Chicagokitelessons@gmail.com
snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Re: Wisconsin snow warning looking good

Postby V » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:33 pm

My buddy in madison reports a six foot drift in front of his garage game on!
V
Unstrapped!

Re: Wisconsin snow warning looking good

Postby snowball » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:21 am

Called it. My buddy 25 minutes NW of milwaukee says the car is snowed in !!!

Text me if anyone wants to meet up today 847-571-745seven
My Quiver: Slingshot Fuels, Best Waroos, Mystic Harness, Brokite Board, Zap Skimboard, Naish Surfboard.

KITEBOARDING LESSONS - WATER - SNOW - LAND + GEAR SALES !!!

Owner at http://www.ChicagoKiteboardingLessons.com Email: Chicagokitelessons@gmail.com
snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Return to Open Forum