2013 Spring Cape Hatteras (OBX) training and riding trip

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

2013 Spring Cape Hatteras (OBX) training and riding trip

Postby Bob » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:09 am

Hi,

Spring is right around the corner and we (Kiteriders) are adding a Spring Kiteboarding trip this year to Cape Hatteras (OBX). Get the riding stoke on. This information has gone out to my email list and the trip is full at this time. However, there are a few beds that may be open for each week. I'll know more soon. I also have a wait list, but in case you are interested and did not get an email, the trip info is below. Contact me asap if interested.

This is our 6th training and riding trip to Cape Hatteras in North Carolina. The dates are April 20th – May 4th for 14 full days or riding, training and fun. Most riders pick week 1 or week 2.

Week 1 = April 20th - 26th (leaving the day of the 27th). Sat - Sat
***Week 1 is almost full, but we are looking for a few people for training).
Week 2 = April 27th - May 3rd (leaving the day of May 4th). Sat - Sat.
*** Week 2 has room for both riders and those looking for training.

DETAILS:

TRAINING, RIDING AND CONDO PRICING:

1) We have openings for riders who just need a place to stay and ride.
*** $225.00 per person for 7 nights in the 4 person bunk room.
*** $450.00 per room for 7 nights in one of the 4 queen or king rooms.
*** If 2 people are willing to share a King or Queen Room, you spilt the cost.

2) We have openings for riders or couples who are interested in training. This trip has filled up in one week in the past, so please contact me asap if interested.
*** 5 hour training packages are $(contact me for pricing) and this package is geared towards beginner riders.
*** 3 hour training packages are $(contact me for pricing) and geared towards existing riders looking to improve your riding. Wake style, wave riding, jumping and more.
*** If more training hours are needed, we'll add them while on the trip.
*** We limit the amount of training space to ensure the best student to trainer ratio possible.

3) For those who want training, but are up and riding, we may do a ride along with myself or Jens. A ride along is where the student and coach are both riding kites and we coach you in the shallow waters by showing you new moves, etc. One of the biggest benefits of riding in Cape Hatteras is the ability to stay in shallow water which makes learning mew moves much easier. With modern high depower kites, it’s super easy for both the student and instructor to take breaks on the water with the kites safely depowered and talk about the next portion of the progression and tricks.

CONDO AND WINDS:

4) We scored again big time this year with a fantastic Condo/house right off of the Pamlico Sound in south Salvo. It has 6 bedrooms total with 4 of them being master bedrooms and even has a pool table and of course wireless internet. Stoked for the condo.

The Pamlico Sound is well known for some of the best flat water riding in the country and miles and miles of shallow - knee to waist deep water. Our house is located in Salvo and we might have direct access to a very large rigging area right out our back door, but this is a private business who rents jet skis, sailboats and kayaks. We may all need to chip in a few bucks to get access to his lawn. If not, we can rig at the waters edge creatively or travel to one of the many launch areas. Salvo Day Use Area is really close to our house.

Cape Hatteras is also known for its many downwinder sessions on the sound or ocean. We'll take you to some really good riding spots on either the ocean or sound side depending on wind directions and riders’ abilities, etc.

For ocean riding, there are 50-60 miles of coast line to pick and choose from depending on wind direction. Cape Hatteras has a lot to offer riders of all abilities.

April and May are great months. Be prepared for mostly cool/warm temps, but it could get cold. Bring every size kite you have if you have gear. Spring can bring some strong winds.

GEAR:

5) I'll have a great selection of demo kites and boards packed and ready to use.
2013 Cabrinha SB IDS
2013 Cabrinha Twin Tip Boards
2012 Slingshot Rally's
2013 Slingshot Rally's
2013 Slingshot RPM's
2013 Axis boards
2013 JP Australia SUP's
2012 and 2013 Slingshot Kite Surf boards
2013 Cabrinha Kite Surfboards
2013 Litewave DV8 Kite Surfboards
Plus a few surprises.

*** For new riders who are doing the training package, there will be a minimal charge to use our gear. If purchasing any kites, boards or packages through Kiteriders, this will be fully refunded towards your purchase.

*** If by chance the wind gods do not cooperate and new riders who are doing the training package do not use all the hours, I will give credit back for time not used towards any gear.

*** Priority of gear will go to those who are paying for the full package deal with training.

SATISFACTION GUARANTEE FOR STUDENTS:

If at the end of the trip your expectations were not met, we'll make things right. Those who know me and Kiteriders will attest that we'll do what is needed to make sure all students are satisfied with the results and efforts.

THE CHILL FACTOR:

The goal is for everyone to have a great time, meet new friends and talk about the days killer sessions while chilling over some beers and food in the hot tub, etc. We're all there to do our part to make sure everyone chips in when needed so the Karma gods are with us at all times.

Everyone is there to learn and ride…including the coaches and trainers. Our main focus though is to make sure everyone has a great trip.

FINAL NOTES AND DUE DATES:

*** Final decisions and should be made no later than Friday March 15th (DATE PASSED)
*** Prices will rise after the 15th of March for those not confirmed..
*** Payments due asap in full by Monday March 18th. I prefer a check, cashiers check or money order by Monday the 18th of March.
*** For those who are flying, you can fly into Norfolk, VA. or other nearby airports such as Newport News, and Washington DC. It's about 2.5 to 3 hours to Cape Hatteras from Norfolk, VA.
*** If driving, let me know if there are opportunities to car pool.
I'll do my best to answer your questions that come up, so please let me know asap if you can join us this year in OBX.

Woo hoo.

Bob

Robert Cook
Kite-Riders, LLC
2944 Ivanhoe Glen
Madison, WI 53711
608-273-1817 ph
608-273-1813 fax
608-358-0514 cell
bob@kiteridersllc.com
http://www.kiteridersllc.com
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Boosticus Maximus

Re: 2013 Spring Cape Hatteras (OBX) training and riding trip

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:21 pm

Hey Bob,

Do you have any recommendations for flying to OBX?
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Postby Bob » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:07 pm

Norfolk, Newport News, Raleigh and DC are the most common places to fly into for OBX with Norfolk being the closest.

When are you going?

Bob
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Boosticus Maximus

Postby dbur » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:14 pm

either Norfolk, VA (2.5hrs drive) or Richmond, VA (4hrs drive)
Kahoona '09 9.5 white, 13.5 gold, 137 BRO
dbur
Resident Windfreak

Postby grigorib » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:48 pm

Hi Bob,
I'm interested for either week, hopefully there'll be spot available.
If anyone's looking to share a room and/or a ride I'd be in for that too.

Grigory Burov
grigorib
Pump Master

Return to Open Forum