Michigan Wave Mecca

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Re: Michigan Wave Mecca

Postby FSP » Mon May 13, 2013 7:40 pm

i hardly ever see anyone around when its truly going off at the bottom anyway, let alone ripping with any conviction. Have to beg for more than 3 and everyone always seems to get busy or cant make it :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D there are no secret spots just not enough kiters who will rip it up :D :D :D :D :D :D MC outside come early october wheres the secret?
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby West » Tue May 14, 2013 11:30 am

Yeah Tom, while that is quite true, the knowledge can be obtained with persistence and dedication..... :wink:

I agree with you Scott that there are often not many kiters out when the conditions are gnarly at the bottom and that's a good thing, cause it is treacherous on some of those outlandish fall days, and an onshore N is challenging for anyone, anytime...... However on managable days, there are usually over a dozen kiters out and ripping it up.... I have been impressed with the improved level of wave riding on Lake Michigan...just look at the rapid progression of Pier's waveriding, or take a few tacks behind Eroc at the blue stairs, and it becomes apparent that the local crew is tuning into the ENERGY!!!!!!!!!

The kewl thing is that there are alot of kiters wanting to enjoy the bounties of Lake Michigan, and to explore its' expansive shoreline...there will always be the established launches, the secret ones, and the ones yet to be discovered.......that's the beauty of the BIG LAKE... 8)
West
Wind Whore

Postby kitenick » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:52 am

this one goes hand in hand with the "sharing your favorite wave site" string. jim
kitenick
Adrenaline Junkie

Previous

Return to Open Forum