Calling new beginners

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Calling new beginners

Postby Cole12512 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:37 pm

I'm new to Chicago and new to kiteboarding. I took water lessons over in MI and have bought my first kite. I'd like to find somebody to start kiting with that is beginner/intermediate.

I couldn't convince my friends to pick up the sport, so I'm trying to meet some other people already in the sport.

I currently live in Lakeview and am willing to drive to the surrounding beaches.

Kiter Noob

Re: Calling new beginners

Postby FrankZ2 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:05 am

Hi, I'm in a similar situation, none of my friends do it and I'm looking for someone to head to beaches with and help launch, land, etc. I'm definitely a beginner on the water, I took lessons in Puerto Rico for a few days, and I've attempted it a few times on the snow. I live in Ukrainian Village and also have a car.

I'm about to head to Waukegan right now to scout it out. I'm also down for chasing the wind tomorrow for a good spot.

Let me know if you're interested in meeting up this weekend or another time.

Board Monkey

Postby WaWaZat » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:58 pm

Welcome boys! Feel free to text when you anticipate wind and I'll letcha know where the party is. As always, the more the merrier!

Zen Levitator

Postby ens137 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:26 am

I've been kiting for a year now and I'm always looking for people who want to get out and kite. I live in Lakeview and try to hit waukegan after work on weekdays and I travel from Waukegan to Mich City on the weekends. Feel free to shoot me a text/call next time you want to get out (five seven three four two four five eight four two).

Leave your numbers and I will hit you up next time I get out there.

Wind Chaser

Postby Cole12512 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:53 pm

Great hearing from you guys. Unfortunately weekdays are tough for me. But I'm open for the weekends.

My number is 815-355-5033

Kiter Noob

Return to Open Forum