Lake Zurich??

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Lake Zurich??

Postby WaWaZat » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:22 am

I'm sure some of our orig pioneer boys been there done that, but has anyone water kited Lake Zurich? Would it be good in a pinch?... like say 'cause you're up there visiting family all day today and it's blowing NE??
Mike
3ME Kite Sports
eus@3mekite. com
WaWaZat
Zen Levitator

Re: Lake Zurich??

Postby West » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:29 am

An small inland lake with small hills and trees surrounding it..... :roll:

but of course it could be attempted, in winter there is snowkiting there if you don't know where else to go, or are limited on time, but there are no leaves then....If you are in that area, best to make the short drive to Delavan or Silver!!! Even then expect a gusty, shifty ride at best.........
West
Wind Whore

Re: Lake Zurich??

Postby alarmclock71 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:36 pm

I am from LZ, but have never attempted to kitesurf in the summer. Tried windsurfing few times, but the winds are gusty and unpredictable. On the other hand, I did snowkite there in like two winters ago. Since the, there was no good combination of ice, wind and time.
Kitesurfer in training since early 2010
8m Rev2 Slingshot, 9m Cabrinha, Crossbow; 12m Cabrinha Switchblade, 2007 Crazy Fly ProLine 137 Board
alarmclock71
Board Monkey

Return to Open Forum