Eye Protection- Water Sun Allergens

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Eye Protection- Water Sun Allergens

Postby skysurfr » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:23 am

I've been wearing my stylish home made Blade Safety glasses forever. Several people have asked me about them recently. I buy them at Home Depot, Costco or where ever. They are impact resistant and block UV. I buy some surgical tubing to keep them in place. Sometimes I cut the ends off the arms so the tubing slides on easier. For those of us with tired old eyes, they also make these safety sunglasses with a reading lens built in. See link below.

The total cost for these beauties is around $12 including the tubing. I hardly ever loose a pair, but when I do...I don't care. They aren't $100!

They block, sun, wind. sand, are polarized, and block UV rays. They also help keep the allergens out of your eyes.

http://www.amazon.com/DPG59-215C-Reinfo ... d_sim_hi_5
Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Re: Eye Protection- Water Sun Allergens

Postby Pier » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:23 am

Hey Mike, thanks for sharing.

I while ago I used "kite specific" protective glasses in order to reduce the inflammation in my eyes but ended up losing them after few sessions.

I guess I'm going to try your "MacGyver" setup!
Pier Paolo - six3o 6four0 2o8seven
Pier
Master of Kite

Return to Open Forum