Looking to Ride

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Looking to Ride

Postby Patrick.McIntosh » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:20 pm

Whats up everyone,

I'm a student at Concordia University in River Forest (Oak Park), but I live in Oklahoma. This summer I just started to kite and I love it! I first had lessons in South Padre TX, then took another set of lessons on Lake Hefner in Oklahoma City. I just bought my gear when our season here was ending, so I've only been able to go out twice with it in crappy wind but was able to do a little bit.

I'll be up in Chicago end of this week and would love to be able to get out on the water this fall season, I'm hesitant to go to montrose since i'm not at a PASA II level. But I'm all for trying to catch a ride with anyone going out for the day or other trips (I'm happy to help pay for gas or other expenses). I just don't have a car but would really appreciate any invite. Thanks

I do have a pretty good wakeboarding background so I do have good board control, and I was told by my instructors that I have good kite control for a beginner, almost able to consistently get up wind, still fighting it like a beginner though :) But any advice or help or opportunity to ride would be very much appreciated.

Cheers!
Patrick
Patrick.McIntosh
Kiter Noob

Re: Looking to Ride

Postby V » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:34 am

I'm hesitant to go to montrose since i'm not at a PASA II level.

Sorry for being blunt but "hesitant"? If you are not certified you don't go riding at Montrose. That's it.

All we need is some out of towner to screw it up for locals, or worse, hurt someone and ban kiting (which it was banned twice there in the past) for good. If you got here from Oklahoma you can get yourself to the many other (more learning friendly) beaches to ride.
V
Unstrapped!

Re: Looking to Ride

Postby Patrick.McIntosh » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:58 am

Thanks V, for telling it straight, I don't plan on screwing anything up for the "locals" I'm just trying to get involved so I can progress my riding and I plan on doing it in the safest way possible.
Patrick.McIntosh
Kiter Noob

Return to Open Forum