Chi Crew Cape Hatteras Wind Hunt/Learn to Kiteboard-10/12-20

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Chi Crew Cape Hatteras Wind Hunt/Learn to Kiteboard-10/12-20

Postby WaWaZat » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:05 pm

Ok all.... the highly anticipated Chi crew trip to Cape Hatteras, NC is coming finally together! October is an excellent time to trek to one of the best kiting spots in the US. The winds are typically reliable during this time and the temps are usually much warmer than around Chicago. We have 2 great options for riding; The Pamlico Sound with its miles and miles of shallow, knee-waist deep water as well as some of the best flat water riding in the country; And for those riding proficiently, literally just a hop skip and a jump to the other side of this island strip, 50 or so miles of ocean waves down the coasts! Because of the sheer length of this outer bank, Cape Hatteras is also known for its excellent downwind sessions on the Sound AND Ocean sides. http://goo.gl/maps/2GSoX

Cape Hatteras has a lot to offer riders of all abilities. We of course will be doing lessons for those in need but riders of all abilities are welcome! Trips to the Outer Banks have been some of the most fun ever had! This is definitely a "lifestyle" trip where all will not only have the opp to kite together, but also to learn together, chill together, cook together, drink together and share the awesome stories of each day! This is off season for the tourists, but hundreds of wind surfers and kiteboarders travel from a large part of the country and Canada during October so look forward to some heavy-duty camaraderie!

As I said, October is typically a great month for winds and mostly warm temps, but it could get cool or even cold. Fall can bring some heavy, small kite winds. If you have gear, bring every size kite, board, and wetsuit thickness you have. I have even used a hood during October on some of the cooler late afternoon/evening sessions. Also, there are many areas that have great opportunities to cut your feet. Booties are highly recommended! PLEASE, PLEASE , PLEASE, if you are fairly new, check with me on wetsuit and waterwear so we can be sure you are properly geared up and ready! If you are thinking about buying kite gear or adding that small kite to your quiver, having it for this trip would an excellent move for yourself. I can help if necessary. I have some pretty good deals going right now but please don't wait until the last minute.

Looks like we're, once again, overlapping the Madison crew trip. Will be good to have the opp to hang with them while there!

Let's see a show of hands from those interested!!.... Please email for more details, reservations, lesson scheduling and any needed gear.

Mike
eus@3mekite.com
Mike
3ME Kite Sports
eus@3mekite. com
WaWaZat
Zen Levitator

Re: Chi Crew Cape Hatteras Wind Hunt/Learn to Kiteboard-10/1

Postby WaWaZat » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:49 pm

I have changed the dates for the Cape Hatteras trip to 10/12-20. I still have some openings for lessons & accommodations. This is a great opportunity to spend a whole week focused on learning and/or practicing kiteboarding and hanging with peeps all riding the same wave! I have my instructor Marilys on board with us for this run! Marilys taught for me around here last Fall and also on our SPI trip last Nov. She received some RAVE reviews from students on how well she explains details which help trainees not only understand better but advance faster! We're expecting warm temps and of course flat, calm, warm and shallow waters which always flatten the learning curve, minimizing frustration and help get you off to a flying start that much quicker! If you're just learning, join us and come back a full fledged, independent & safe kiteboarder. If you're already a kiteboader, sign up for lessons and come back with advanced skills. Whether you're just getting your start, learning to smooth out transitions and stay upwind, ready for your 1st jump or wanting to nail that advanced freestyle trick, Marilys can help! She is a world class kiteboarder herself with some serious freestyle skills. If you've seen the pix and the sick trick on my lesson flyer... that is Marilys!! Standard lesson packages are also avail... email me if you don't have them.

Accommodations will be a room or bunk in a large house with all the nice amenities within close proximity to the water. You can plan to spend $250-$450/person for 7 days, depending on the bunk/room chosen. Some opt to fly but it is also a beautiful 13/14 hour drive from here to there. I prefer the drive because the airport is a 2 1/2-3 hour drive plus rental car. There are usually many opps for ride shares on this trip so let me know if interested. If you do want to sign up, please let me know right away and I will fill you in with more details. All of our trips end up being a whole lot of fun but Cape Hatteras is one of the most beautiful and definitely my fav! We would love to have you if you can make it happen!

Hope you can join!

Mike
eus@3mekite.com
Mike
3ME Kite Sports
eus@3mekite. com
WaWaZat
Zen Levitator

Postby dbur » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:59 pm

perfect! will be there for the same week... staying in Waves next to Real, Dimitry
Kahoona '09 9.5 white, 13.5 gold, 137 BRO
dbur
Resident Windfreak

Postby WaWaZat » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:33 pm

Still have room in the house!! Any last minute takers? Gonna be an awesome time!!

email is best...

Mike
eus@3mekite.com
Mike
3ME Kite Sports
eus@3mekite. com
WaWaZat
Zen Levitator

Postby WaWaZat » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:17 pm

WhooWeeeee!!... sum nice lookin' prelim forecasts! Looks like the Madison crew arrived just in time! Save some for us boys and see ya in 4 days!!

....should I run an arrival time contest?? :D
Mike
3ME Kite Sports
eus@3mekite. com
WaWaZat
Zen Levitator

Postby kitekid21 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:54 am

YES. Arrival time contest. DO IT. :D
I'm the guy in the obnoxious board shorts, always. Twitter: @chi_surfer
kitekid21
Resident Windfreak

Postby WaWaZat » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:32 pm

Ok, winner gets a WeatherFlow Smartphone/iPhone wind meter. We're PLANNING a 6a start from South Holland and anxious to get there. Sorry Keith...3ME Kite Sports employees are not eligible... :wink:

Guesses should be in Eastern Time. We'll do the same as Bob... we stop the clock at the 1st house in Rodanthe.
Mike
3ME Kite Sports
eus@3mekite. com
WaWaZat
Zen Levitator

Postby dbur » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:49 pm

10pm
Kahoona '09 9.5 white, 13.5 gold, 137 BRO
dbur
Resident Windfreak

Return to Open Forum