Destination Wedding in Winter (Dec-March 2015)

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Destination Wedding in Winter (Dec-March 2015)

Postby grimace » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:37 pm

Gonna try to move this over here to see if I can get some input...

I need help from you guys that get to travel all over the place. I'm getting married next winter and my fiance is nice enough to consider a kiting destination. Therefore I need to find a place that is both kiter and family friendly for our destination wedding. Looking to keep it on the cheaper side for family, all inclusive if possible, warm, and plenty of activities besides kiting to keep everyone else happy.
grimace
Kite Crew in Training

Re: Destination Wedding in Winter (Dec-March 2015)

Postby FSP » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:34 pm

did 10 years in a row to cozumel. that place answers all your requirements and more!
FSP
Zen Levitator

Postby skysurfr » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:37 pm

The Cabarette area in the DR may suit your needs. Depaneds on how fancy you want it to be.

Maui is great, but expensive.

Mike
Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Postby Kevin » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:30 pm

Hey so I think lots of places in the Caribbean would work for what you're looking for. One place I'd look into if I were you is Turks and Caicos. I went there with my girlfriend a couple years ago - not to kite but I brought my harness and 1 kite just in case. Wind didn't blow b/c it was offseason (June). But I hear it can be great in season.

Beautiful long stretches of beach, plenty of fun things to do, and not as far as many other Caribbean destinations i.e. Aruba and BVI
Kevin
Resident Windfreak

Postby kitekid21 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:45 pm

There's tons in SE Asia if you're feeling exotic. Thailand, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Malaysia are all great depending on the time of year. PM me if you have any questions. I can give you details as you need them. Everything is pretty cheap once you're there, but airfare is probably quite a bit more expensive than to the Caribbean. It's an awesome trip.
I'm the guy in the obnoxious board shorts, always. Twitter: @chi_surfer
kitekid21
Resident Windfreak

Return to Open Forum