Hybrid broboard with Flysurfer

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Hybrid broboard with Flysurfer

Postby elnica » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:59 pm

Anyone have any experience using a broboard with a speed 3? I've heard speeds like flat low rocker boards. I am going on a 3 week long trip to lake Nicaragua and can't test the combo out before going. I am debating on taking the 15m speed 3 or a 14m rally to pair up with a 138 hybrid broboard (concave). Im used to the 14m rally but it would cause me to only be able to take one other kite instead of 2, and I don't want to miss out on the nuking days. Lake Nicaragua is similar to lake Michigan but shallower with a very flat/gradual depth increase so you can walk out kind of far and still touch bottom, lots of waves and swell.
elnica
Kiter Noob

Re: Hybrid broboard with Flysurfer

Postby West » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:45 am

Tim G flies foils exclusively on his twintip boards, and he has for many years. His custom boards have a similar shape to the Brokite boards, although they may not have as much rocker, and he loves the combo...

Several years back we had a local Corpus Rider named Sam who was sponsored by Flysurfer and he rode his foils with a 130 POP all the time, he didn't own an inflatable....was quite fast and highly efficient I must add....

If using the larger foil opens up the opportunity to take an additional small kite I say, just do it....few things worse than sitting on the beach cause you don't have a small enough kite to use when it is WINDY when on vacation....good luck and have fun!! :)
West
Wind Whore

Return to Open Forum