Who Likes Good Beer Part 2!!

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Who Likes Good Beer Part 2!!

Postby mrgrey » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:21 am

OK, Ive been tossin around the idea of another brew party aimed at the Great Lakes kiting crew and decided that.....drum roll..... Its gonna happen once again! This time we celebrate the end of the season with our lake friends and share the stoke over the past 12 months of kiting. Like before we plan on brewing up another batch of heavenly suds and expect to swap and share beers with everyone. If you missed it in March don't miss it again...

Some past highlights; West mannin the vinyl spinnin machine, Rocker Mike rocking "Ice Cream Man" with guitar, Tom's amazing cuisine, and an unforgettable english lesson provided to IVO around the campfire. :wink:

The tentative dates are Saturday December 14th or Saturday December 7th starting early afternoon and going as long as you want it to. Yall know the layout and have any kinda fun u want and feel free to crash at my pad or pitch a tent if you wanna have more than just a couple of good brews.

So lets vote and get a showing of preferred dates!
mrgrey
Resident Windfreak

Re: Who Likes Good Beer Part 2!!

Postby Pier » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:21 pm

Nice!

I vote for the 7th.

Thanks Matt
Pier Paolo - six3o 6four0 2o8seven
Pier
Master of Kite

Postby caseyknotts » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:52 am

never been to ur guys party....but we might be able to make it to this one....we would be coming from 3 hours away and would mostly likly need a place to crash....hotels?
caseyknotts
Sand Bagger

Postby mrgrey » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:32 am

Hey Casey, there are nearby hotels (5-10 min), however, my house is a bastion of hospitality and camping indoors or out at my place is welcomed. I'm blessed to have a large amount of space available to accommodate so long as you don't mind a couch or floor space... May get a little tight but will never turn a brother away. It's up to you and either way its gonna be a great time.

Much like last time please bring some craft beers/munchies for a pot luck style fest. Most of the fun is held in my brewery (heated garage) with simple comforts abound. Expect classic vinyl spinnin on the turntable with a rich aroma of hops and specialty grains enveloping the commeraderie of the Great Lakes kiting community. The party can end up outside with a bonfire, the basement around the baby grand, around the grill, or wherever! Can't wait!!

Please keep sharing your votes for the event date. So far the 7th appears like the date preferred from the guys I have been hearing from.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 6130_o.jpg

https://skydaddybrewingcompany.shutterfly.com/
mrgrey
Resident Windfreak

Postby West » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:17 am

Boy hiddey....sounds like a barn burner is a brewin'....it is absolutely gonna be a fabulous time, so those who missed it next year should make it a must-do!!

I have been waiting all year long to spin that vinyl again....love that shiz.....

Jimbo is down in Tejas, but will spread the word to the Michigan crew as well. Thanks for hosting Matt and make sure to invite those neighbors of yours.. :)

I am binging some of that Hop Slayer from the Onion Pub, so we will get the Ice Cream Man rolling for sure.......I am good for either date.
West
Wind Whore

Postby mrgrey » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:17 am

Yes sir! Date set for Saturday December 7th and brewing should begin around 4-5pm.... feel free to come for the brewing or whenever thereafter! Please RSVP if you plan on coming so I can get a handle on the number. Will keep the list updated..

Headcount so far: (19)

Iron Ben
Demitri (Dbur)
IVO... (with some polish buds?) ;)
Blaise +1
J. Pavy +1
West
Greg
TG
Big T
Tyler
Pier
Matt +1
Rob
John
Rocker Mike
Jay
Last edited by mrgrey on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:08 am, edited 6 times in total.
mrgrey
Resident Windfreak

Postby West » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:27 am

put the word out to the Michigan Crew, will let you know when I hear back....be a great thing if we had a warm westerly earlier in the day....gonna start working on that....shake, rattle and roll!!!

Let the GOOD TIMES ROLL..........if kiters are looking for an opportunity to hang with and get to know one another away from the beach, this is IT!!

...prob too far a drive, but will let Jens know so he can put the word out there in MADTOWN...
West
Wind Whore

Postby mrgrey » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:32 am

Feel free to give a heads up to the Madison crew too! We know they's got good beer to haul down to Hoosierland!
mrgrey
Resident Windfreak

Postby West » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:34 am

funny shiz....was texting Jens and editing previous post while you were suggesting that.....beer minds think alike bruddah!! :D
West
Wind Whore

Postby dbur » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:24 am

awesome! I'm coming...
Kahoona '09 9.5 white, 13.5 gold, 137 BRO
dbur
Resident Windfreak

Postby IVO » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:41 pm

Yeahhh this is no-brainer.Had to wait a year for this...

Matt glad you still remember that night so clearly,I migh add last words from that night were"I just hope you guys aren't gonna burn all roofs in neighborhood"

;-)
Kajun Rule #1-Never try to teach a pig to sing.....It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
IVO
Zen Levitator

Postby West » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:03 pm

Yeah as Jimbo lit a lantern and let it go amidst a grove of trees, he calmly said, "don't worry bout it, this ain't my first rodeo" ,and sure enough, it got a gust and found a hole in the trees and off it went..... :wink:

TG, Greg and Big T are in....firewood? How bout V, Tom, Adrien? who else we missin' from last year?

You sure you ready for this skydaddy?
West
Wind Whore

Postby mrgrey » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:20 am

West wrote:Yeah as Jimbo lit a lantern and let it go amidst a grove of trees, he calmly said, "don't worry bout it, this ain't my first rodeo" ,and sure enough, it got a gust and found a hole in the trees and off it went..... :wink:

TG, Greg and Big T are in....firewood? How bout V, Tom, Adrien? who else we missin' from last year?

You sure you ready for this skydaddy?

Yessir! Already started gettin things ready for the end of season blowout! Firewood stacked and ready, garage turning in to a brewery, accommodations readied, and should be prepared for the event!

Couple of questions that have come up:

Can I bring my wife/girlfriend/or both? Sure you can! A couple close kiters are bringing significant others, however, they've been warned its a rowdy crowd and more of a college style barn party.... and as the gentlemen we are, ladies get dibs on the three guest bedrooms available.

What should I bring? Beer! and whatever is your pleasure to chow down on.... Feel free to use my kitchen, grill and remember... Mi casa es su casa. Also if you have some classic vinyl you would like to share feel free to bring it... (had a lot of people last time saying they wish they woulda brought some tunes to share..apparently more vintage audio geeks like me exist)

How can I help? Biggest help has been controlling the bottle and food plate pile up, help by putting trash and recycle in the cans....Also never let the turntable stop spinnin!!!

Where are you located?
http://goo.gl/maps/DxHqR 12615 Gibson St. Crown Point, IN 46307

If I dont wanna sleep on the carpet, couch, woods, etc.... where is the best place to stay? There are hotels nearby within 10min of my place. My recommendation would be anywhere near the I-65/US 30 interchange... RedRoof, Holiday Inn, Rodeway, Extended Stay, etc....

What time should I get there?
I would like to think that brewing would begin around 430-500 and go until 730-800. If you are interested in the brewing process and would like to learn how beer is made from scratch, feel free to show up around that time and help out... otherwise whenever you can make it. Party will end whenever West and the boys say so...seems to be their MO...
mrgrey
Resident Windfreak

Postby ironben » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:53 am

I'm down as well
I really wana check out ur brewing system!

I got extra bed ready hehe
Attachments
bed beer.jpg
bed beer.jpg (7.54 KiB) Viewed 1365 times
FAT LADY 17M;RPM 9,12M;Nobile NHP 7m
NHP 137";2015 SS Celeritas 5.11
Ben 630space638space3888 http://www.youtube.com/ironbeno
ironben
Master of Kite

Postby mrgrey » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:32 pm

ironben wrote:I'm down as well
I really wana check out ur brewing system!

I got extra bed ready hehe

Glad to hear you can make it... list is shaping up pretty nicely. I plan on brewing up a Vanilla Caramel Cream Ale that should be extra tasty when its finished up. Hoping to have my FFF Zombie Dust clone all carbed up and ready for the party Saturday! Been workin hard to get the place ready and really lookin forward to seein yall!
mrgrey
Resident Windfreak

Postby mrgrey » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:07 pm

A simple bump as a reminder of the party on Saturday with small update!

Ok boys and girls, I am upping the ante and have decided to multi task the brewery and turn the hot liquor tank in to a full fledged shrimp boil pot. SkyDaddy brewing company will be makin a traditional boil including 4-5lbs of shrimp, sausage, taters, corn, onion, and whateva is cleva!... we will be cracking a fresh keg of my Sandman IPA to compliment the spread. If it were anymore fresh it wouldnt be done! This is a big thank you for the great food, beer, and kiting all have shared with me over the last year and I wanna show some special appreciation to the crews for some of the best times I've had.

I've wanted to do a big boil forever and already have this aroma of fresh grains, hops, and a boiling pot of Old Bay seasoned shrimp, sausage, and veggies permeating the air with the sounds of great conversation and cracklin vinyl in the background!... It will be served in true Louisiana fashion, a pile of food on news print! I'm super excited (if you couldnt tell) about this weekend!
mrgrey
Resident Windfreak

Postby dbur » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:48 pm

I guess I could bring shrimp then or you got it already?
Kahoona '09 9.5 white, 13.5 gold, 137 BRO
dbur
Resident Windfreak

Postby West » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:13 am

aW hELLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!! dID SOMEBODY SAY Shrimp......now you done got a TexAN goin'................then damn coonasses done learned all they know bout cookin' from a Texan and there ain't no damn flies on that philosophy....

brown paper bags are the trick to lay down....I got a couple of improvisations on that cap'n....gonna bring a pineapple and some artichokes and a handful of jalapenos.....always can use more shrimp, and keep an eye out for some Andouille sausage.... :shock: Good idea to do several batches, cause you can change up a batch a bit and also it keeps the food HOT on the table....

Dude I am stoked.....now then Cajuns know a bit about music, how bout some Zydedco....a lil Buckwheat for you bruddah!!!!
West
Wind Whore

Postby mrgrey » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:19 pm

Whooo Doggie! I know whose gonna be helpin with the boil! West said it, can't have too much shrimp! I got 5lbs yesterday and two pounds smoked sausage (just the regular stuff though).. Could always use sum more sausage too! It all cooks quick and easy to make multiple batches as shrimp goes quick.
mrgrey
Resident Windfreak

Postby West » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:04 pm

Anyone near a good bakery?? Good bread is a must to sop it all up.

Gonna bring some hot sauce and cocktail sauce as well..

.dam you da man, Matt...this gonna be good
West
Wind Whore

Next

Return to Open Forum