Buddy Guy's Legends....1/17/14

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Buddy Guy's Legends....1/17/14

Postby West » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:09 am

Going down to see the Legend himself, Buddy Guy, at his bar LEGENDS down in the city on Friday the 17th...I try to make it down there every January, when he plays 4 nights a week for a month. This show will be about halfway through his homestand!! Got an extra ticket for anyone interested in seeing one of the greatest guitarists EVER, in what amounts to be a Blues Museum.

Will be an amazing show like always, I am certain. He is getting "up there", but is still absolutely fabulous and incredibly spellbounding..the opening act is a band from Indiana that Matt has played with on occasion, and he gives them the thumbs up, real excited about that as well.

John Lynch, Greg and myself will be going if anyone is interested in joining us. We do it "up right"; getting there shortly after they open the doors at 11 am. Buddy won't go on till about 10 pm, but the tables go quickly, so we will grab a table and begin our way through the extensive Cajun menu of gumbo, etouffe, fried catfish and okra, and tequila shrimp just to mention a few of the items; it is the best Southern food around, with cornbread and collard greens "to boot"!! We eat all day, enjoy the libations, shoot some pool, look at all the killer memorabilia, listen to many blues acts, and get ready for the Master and his infectious smile...quite a day indeed, too much for the novice, but "right down your alley" if you got the stoke....Damn Right I Got the Blues!!

...PM me or get my number from a friend
West
Wind Whore

Re: Buddy Guy's Legends....1/17/14

Postby West » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:12 pm

Just had some cornbread gumbo and catfish!!! Fruteland Jackson playin now....

V and Skydaddy joining us on the lakefront. Gonna finish my bells and take a walk down to good Ole Mother Michigan and see which way the wind blow
West
Wind Whore

Re: Buddy Guy's Legends....1/17/14

Postby mrgrey » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:19 am

Whooeee... for 77 that ol man still got it strong! Great sound and who wooda thunk it, Robert Randolf shows up and Eric Gale! Great stuff...thx again for the invite.
mrgrey
Resident Windfreak

Return to Open Forum