My season is OVER!

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

My season is OVER!

Postby rkelly » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:26 pm

Well, I wiped out on my motorcycle last week. I did some pretty serious damage to my knee. It will be at least a month until I can work out, and that will be the beginning of the rehab.

See y'all next spring.

Later
rkelly
Kite Crew in Training

done

Postby shawn » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:54 pm

hey sorry to hear that just get better soon
shawn

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:34 pm

time to get rid of the cycle rkelly!

man i feel you though i fucked my knee up and had surgary last year missed all of last spring and most of the summer.

Good luck with the rehab.

and me and klatt were just trying to plan a downwinder form your beach to like Northwestern' s beach!

STF

Postby V » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:23 am

Bob, that sucks! Speedy recovery to you and hope its not too bad. What happened?
V
Unstrapped!

Postby kris » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:52 am

As a rider also I feel your pain. I once was "in the way" of a semi who insisted on being in the lane that I was in. 65mph on your back sliding across the road and being able to watch your bike grind pass you is unforgetable. Luckily I was walked away with nothing but some road rash. Go helmets and leather!!! Funny thing is that NO ONE Stopped...not even the fucker on a BMW bike himeslf...except a mom driving a SUV, with a soccer ball sticker in the back window. She actully parked sideways up-traffic from me to block traffic allowing me to pick up myself and the bike and get it off the road.

For those who ride....Kettle Morain roads are full of gravel in the corners right now. All the tourists pulling their motorhomes and boats seem to like to ride them on the shoulder lately. We need a big rain to clean the roads off.

best of luck rkelly
kris
Boosticus Maximus

Knee

Postby rkelly » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:33 am

V wrote:Bob, that sucks! Speedy recovery to you and hope its not too bad. What happened?

Not too bad. Its primarily my left knee. It's just going to take some work, and I don't want to make it worse by rushing to activity.

Actually, exactly what klimber mentioned: Gravel on the road. I did it while taking a turn.....with my wife on the back. Anybody want to buy a BMW F650ST? My wife had the thing sold before we stopped sliding.
rkelly
Kite Crew in Training

Postby V » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:45 am

aizah! Hope she's okay too.

My wife had the thing sold before we stopped sliding.

I can believe it. My dad bought a bike a few years ago. Mom refuses to ride on it. Now he's looking to sell it since its not getting much use.
V
Unstrapped!

Postby Guava » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:56 am

wow i hope she is okay
The Green Guy
Guava
Wind Chaser

Kelly

Postby Dougal » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:34 am

Dude - I didn;t realize it was that bad. So you'll be drinking for the next 8 months.
Dougal

Return to Open Forum