Faulty LE AirTime Bladder

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Faulty LE AirTime Bladder

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:36 am

Has anyone had this problem before? If so who did you contact or what approach did you take? Ive contacted the shop I purchased it from and havent gotten any leads. There are 2 stretched bulges that look like theyre about to burst and there are already 2 other holes in 3 times of riding... I cleaned the LE area out before replacing the bladder so Im very positive theres not something inside thats causing this and Im very careful when pumping it up. Installation was precisely followed by the instructions that were included. Its happened on both tips... Unfortunately Cabrinha doesnt make the bladders for my kite anymore, $145 later, no flying, Priceless!

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Postby V » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:34 pm

Not to sound contrived, but did you contact Airtime?

Maybe a clothes iron set to low and wax paper is in order. Quickly seal the tips and don't burn the material. This could get you going faster than waiting on a warranty, but not sure about these "buldges" you mention...
V
Unstrapped!

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:56 pm

The shop I purchased it from is in communications with Airtime. I just received an email back from them with some information to help me resolve the situation. The iron idea has been lingering but I havent done this before and I dont want to risk not getting a new bladder due to me tampering with it. The buldges are thumb size, that looks like I took my thumb and pushed into the material stretching it but not ripping it. If it all fails, I will have to follow up to find out how to apply the iron and get a temporary fix... Thanks for the reply.

Postby Misfit » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:40 pm

Large "Super Patches" will strengthen the spot where the buldges are. Does the leading edge bend around a corner? If the buldges are at the end, is the bladder long enough? If it is long enough, did you push the excess material inside itself before closing the velcro and did you pump slowly to see if the bladder COMPLETELY filled the end?
Cory
Misfit
Wind Whore

Return to Open Forum