IA and MN

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

IA and MN

Postby rhumbaflappy » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:27 pm

It seems that everyday there is 15-20kts wind in iowa and minnesota. but it never quite makes it here to the big lake. Its been like this for a month now. I think tomorrow its finally coming and nothings going to stop it, but just musing here a random thought as I sit in my cubicle like a praire dog waiting for some juicy gossip to make it to my side of the vista.
R/F
rhumbaflappy
Resident Windfreak

Postby V » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:54 am

Lets see if it gets here today!
V
Unstrapped!

Postby Bob » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:11 pm

yea...the hotter the summers, the windier it gets in the plains. tighe from minneapolis and a friend in des moines have been having an epic summer. believe it or not, I think lake superior and michigan affects and stalls the winds from making it to wisconsin and illinois about 70% of the time. the big lakes must affect the upper level winds.

frustrating for sure seeing the isobars stacked one state over most of the summer.

can't complain though about the last montsh winds...we've had some epic days lately.
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Wind Whore

Return to Open Forum