Nose congestion

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Nose congestion

Postby V » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:58 am

If anyone gets nose congestion sometimes after kiting and swallowing lots of water up the shnaz after your unhooked "what not to do" experiment...

I was talking to West who recommended FloNase, but that needs a prescription. So i went to Walgreens and got the Walgreens brand nasal decongestant for $4.50 (its a little bottle you squeeze to shoot stuff up the nostril). Instant relief! I guess it kills any bacteria up there. I was totally amazed how well it workd.

I only get it from inland lakes, but I know some guys get it from Lake Michigan. I'm going to give myself a shot in each side after riding every time from now on.
V
Unstrapped!

Postby sarajp » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:26 am

And I thought I was allergic to kiteboarding! Seriously, I get sick for at least a day to 2 days every time I'm out in the water for a while. I'll definately have to pick some of that nose spray up.
Thanks for the tip!
sarajp
Sand Bagger

Postby nicole » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:09 am

sara got so congested last time she was contemplating getting nose plugs! i told her if she did i would definitely point and laugh. she told me that her wearing noseplugs couldnt possibly look stupider than me in my yellow helmet. OUCH! BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nicole
Master of Kite

Postby V » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:14 am

sara got so congested last time she was contemplating getting nose plugs! i told her if she did i would definitely point and laugh. she told me that her wearing noseplugs couldnt possibly look stupider than me in my yellow helmet. OUCH! BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! Paint it black!

I figure a spritz when I get home should fix the problem each session.
V
Unstrapped!

Postby Misfit » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:47 am

Helmet!
Misfit
Wind Whore

Postby skysurfr » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:30 pm

Im on the Rinocort, and it works great! Its a prescription in the US, but if you get to another country you may be able to buy it OTC.

My Doc advised me to be careful with OTC nasal sprays, oddly enough they are addictive and you quickly build up a tolerance to them, and need more and more. He's a resiratory doc and suggested Nasocort or Rinocort.

Also, your ENT may have a free Nasal RInsing system. These are slat water rinses that clean out allergens fromt he sinus. Good health food stores also have these little ceramic Netty Pots which are used the same way. You mix some sea salts with warm water and snort away.

I'm much improved over past years.

TALK TO YOUR OWN DOCTOR BEFORE TAKING MEDICINE.

Mike
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Postby V » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:09 am

Yeah, sea salts without iodine mixed with water and snorted. That works too. But you gotta get sea salt without the iodien.
V
Unstrapped!

Postby rhumbaflappy » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:35 am

sea salt is pretty chunky. Make sure to mash it up first!
R/F
rhumbaflappy
Resident Windfreak

Return to Open Forum