New Harness

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

New Harness

Postby Misfit » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:00 pm

Hey All,
Does anyone have any ideas how to break in a new harness BEFORE you take it to the water for the first time? I got sick of my LF "couch" waist harness always coming loose (worn out buckles) and decided to buy a Dakine Tabu. I think i'm going to get it wet, put it on, hook the spreader bar to a rope on a tree/wall and lean back for as long as I can tolerate. I just dont want my winter vacations ruined by the new harness break in time. Any help is appreciated
Later,
Cory
Misfit
Wind Whore

Postby STF » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:38 pm

Wear it when you bone and in the shower!
STF
Boosticus Maximus

Postby nicole » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:12 pm

:shock: schiff you crack me up
nicole
Master of Kite

Postby STF » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:16 pm

ye s yes

sometimes i crack myself up as well

those bugs banging crack s me up everyday :D
STF
Boosticus Maximus

Postby V » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:32 am

Cory, I just got a Dakine Tabu (had one before). The new one is SHIZ! It is stiffer and the part where the straps adjust is wider than the old one and constricts my breathing. My rib cage is killing me after 30 minuts. I need another new harness. I'm pretty disappointed. Hope you like yours! I would never be able to wear mine in the bedroom cuz I need at least an hour of comfort! LOL
V
Unstrapped!

Postby Misfit » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:51 am

Yo V,
I wanted a new lf harness but everyplace is sold out. I know about the dakine being a little uncomfortable but I couldn't wait any longer to get a new harness. Next years tabu is much better. One of the guys down in hatteras had a prototype and liked the improvements. It was a little softer and had some areas trimmed away to help with the harness chafe.
Later
Cory
Misfit
Wind Whore

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:51 pm

I've heard that the pro limit harness is pretty sweet too.

gonna stick with the one I've got tho...gotta keep that cost per session down, right V?

Postby Misfit » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:17 am

Hey Scott,
I know a lot of people riding the prolimit harness that would not trade them for anything. I didn't like the prolimit spreader bar release and it seemed a little soft for me.
Later
Cory
Misfit
Wind Whore

Return to Open Forum