Looking for your opinion

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Looking for your opinion

Postby Misfit » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:46 am

Hey All,
I've got a week off in december and trying to figure out a easy, cheap place to go for a kiting vacation. Where in the U.S. has good wind in dec, is easy to get to, and is fairly cheap?
Any ideas would help.
Cory
Misfit
Wind Whore

Postby V » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:50 am

Easy to get to might be a hinderance for Corpus, but Corpus is cheap and the wind is frontal, but they usually get fronts through there on a daily basis that bring wind. You might check out S. Florida. I know Layla and Steve go there a lot in the winter and they say the wind is usually good. But I think it woudl be considered a bit more than the "cheap" category, unless you knew someone.
V
Unstrapped!

NC Hatteras

Postby Hatteras » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:17 pm

Hey I've heard Hatteras North Carolina is very cheep this time of year. Not to mention is has been quite warm this Fall. 70's with ocean temps in the mid 60's. Today North winds, 27-32 mph, amazing ocean sessions. SW in the forcast for the end of this week! Stop in at Real Kiteboarding and take a lesson and learn more than you have all summer! MISS YA DUDE! N to the O
Hatteras

PS

Postby Hatteras » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:19 pm

I love chating with BABES ONLINE!
Hatteras

Postby Misfit » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:06 am

Neilo,
I'm seriously experiencing some chafe from this message. Dude!!!
Cornholio
Misfit
Wind Whore

Cory is a Dremboat

Postby seanM » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:24 am

If you've got chafe, then dump the sand out of your drawers and get back here and start kiting like a real man.

by the way, check out V's avatar - doesn't that guy work at the salvo market?

peace out doode
seanM

Cory is a Dremboat

Postby seanM » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:25 am

If you've got chafe, then dump the sand out of your drawers and get back here and start kiting like a real man.

by the way, check out V's avatar - doesn't that guy work at the salvo market?

peace out doode
seanM

Postby Misfit » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:54 pm

Hey Sean,
I'm experiencing chafe from the hatteras messages and the UN shorts i'm wearing right now. It looks like a rosebud! Superchafe!
Go easy on the salvo market employee, it's my dad and I got him his job. I know I need to get back down there and ride. :cry:
Cornholio
Misfit
Wind Whore

Postby sean » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:20 pm

your dad is a dreamboat.
sean

Postby skysurfr » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:48 pm

You're screwed in December. You might try Puerto Rico? I won't go back to South PAdre / corpus in December. The wind pump has shutoff by then, and they enter their "frontal wind" period. You might get lucky or you might encounter 40 degree air temps as I did last December.

Maui or Oahu might work but then again winter winds can be fickle.

Baja... but that's not in the US.

Mike
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:26 pm

cory, I have an idea

I'm thinking florida...from what I've read florida seems to be ok in december. If matt P could chime in here it would be helpful.

anyways, we find some good riding spots that are within 1 1/2 hours or so of one of the two cable parks in florida. If we get skunked on wind we could go wakeboarding all day hitting rails and getting pulls on the buttery smooth water.

what do you think?

Return to Open Forum