Long, but important. PLEASE READ

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Long, but important. PLEASE READ

Postby rkelly » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:53 pm

I want to relay this story:

“I went down to my beach (Tower Road) and saw someone kiting. It was a guy I had met before. It was an 8 knot breeze, and he actually got up. He is totally thin and light (probably 110 pounds), so I was sure I couldn’t get up, but was glad he could.

So I sat on the Tower pier and watched him. His wife was on the beach. I had met them both a few days before. So he is up and riding, but he starts going way out. I’m thinking, “WOW he must be good, otherwise he would'nt go so far out, because if he wasn’t good and dropped the kite….â€
rkelly
Kite Crew in Training

Postby STF » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:44 pm

I concur.

1) he should of just swam in.

2) if hes bringing the wife to watch get her and him some walkie talkies so when shes starts freaken (casue they always do), he can tell her to shut up and everythings fine.

3) When i take my 21m out i tend to stay close to shore for this reason. These big kites are hard to relaunch in 13mph of wind, 8mph ya good luck.

4) We know what kind of people live up there, they can get it banned no prob.

5) i think thats about it?

was this in the last week when its been freezing>?

None of those are good for anything but N, NE, and SE

all other directions and you risk being swept to Michigan, Wisconsin, or if your like me and have a lot of bad karma to pay for fucking Canada!

Whos this guy rk?

STF
STF
Boosticus Maximus

STF - I know you think

Postby rkelly » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:17 am

I know you think it was me,STF. It wasnt. I've been rocking and the lame out wasn't me. You can be sure the love was all about us and nobody more. We own the late love. You'll be a part of it for sure. We love you, up up up, forever. We love ya.
rkelly
Kite Crew in Training

Weird

Postby rkelly » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:24 am

That wasn't my reply. I spent many years defending replys. I'm ready to go deep beeing a jerk defending replys I can't wait being the dick defending my configs.
rkelly
Kite Crew in Training

I don't care

Postby rkelly » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:28 am

Don't be a dick you guys. Think about what I'm saying. This is big. Do you want to take off from Wilmette or Winnetta? You guys have always struckme as smark. Don't be dumb. I guess taking off from Winnetka, Wilmette, or Evenston doesnt matter. Don't be an idiot. We are counting on you to anty up.

-rk
rkelly
Kite Crew in Training

Postby STF » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:38 am

I know you think it was me,STF. It wasnt.

what the f*ck? Did i say that?

i think i concurred with you?

i thought it was solid advice? no?

You can be sure the love was all about us and nobody more. We own the late love. You'll be a part of it for sure. We love you, up up up, forever. We love ya.

you got me on this one?

That wasn't my reply. I spent many years defending replys. I'm ready to go deep beeing a jerk defending replys I can't wait being the dick defending my configs.

and this one?

Don't be a dick you guys. Think about what I'm saying. This is big. Do you want to take off from Wilmette or Winnetta? You guys have always struckme as smark. Don't be dumb. I guess taking off from Winnetka, Wilmette, or Evenston doesnt matter. Don't be an idiot. We are counting on you to anty up.

and this?

spit it out cause none of this make sense.

whos being a dick? big whats big?

smark---lost me on this one.

what am i anteing up for?

let me know

STF
STF
Boosticus Maximus

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:49 am

This late in the season and with the lack of other people on the water it is totally irresponsible to wander that far from shore. He probably learned his lesson and will be wiser next time out.

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:00 pm

i am so confused by this thread. it started out as a nice 'learn from this story' and suddenly spiraled into rkelly fighting back and forth with himself. thanks for the chuckle and tell all those voices in your head to shut up. :lol:

Postby STF » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:20 pm

Im confused as well since its about me, whats up Rkelly?
STF
Boosticus Maximus

Confusion

Postby rkelly » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:48 pm

This isn't me arguing with myself. Those were not my posts. The original post was mine, and the "Don't be a..." post was mine.

The other posts were not.

=rk
rkelly
Kite Crew in Training

Postby STF » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:44 pm

Well,

someone has your user name and password then?

and if that was your last post "the dont be a....." whats that all about. Im agreeing with you in my first response.

so i dont see about being the dick? or dumb?

this all pretty confusing seeing that you were looking for a someone to read this and agree with you?...no?

and its funny if its someone else, though times of the post are awfully close together?

ok

then

STF
STF
Boosticus Maximus

final comment

Postby bob kelly » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:54 pm

The don't be a dick comment was directed towards the two posts that weren't mine.

I'm on my blackberry. I will read and respond to the rest of the message when I'm back at a computer.

=rk
bob kelly

Postby STF » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:58 pm

well if thats the case

their are no worries, i was just trying to help.
STF
Boosticus Maximus

I agree

Postby rkelly » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:08 am

The "don't be dick comment" was my response to those 2 posts at 12:17 and 12:24. It was certainly not directed at STF. It was directed towards the two posts which were crazy talk, and not mine.

The times were all close together. I'm totally confused myself. I actually started to think they might have been my posts. So, I went and looked at my systems logs. They were not mine. They didn't come from my computer, or network.

I have some "funny" guys around the office who might have done it, but I really don't think it was them.

I am completely crazy, but not in a "talk to myself", "argue with myself", kind of way. The wording is clearly not my style. They dialogue is not indicative of me, either.

The post stands. Read it, learn from it, decide I'm crazy. Just remember, we are all representing the sport.

Thanks.

Crazy Rkelly!
rkelly
Kite Crew in Training

Postby STF » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:28 am

Nice time for your monkey boys to be in the office.

I like their style bring em out sometime.

Back to the topic at hand, was this in the last week when its been freezing? what was wind direction?

ok
STF
Boosticus Maximus

Return to Open Forum