Kite snowboards

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Kite snowboards

Postby Misfit » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:41 am

Hey all,
If you are looking for a snowboard designed specifically for kiting check this out
http://www.antigravityboards.com/index.php?menu=1
Cory
Misfit
Wind Whore

Postby V » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:21 am

Cory, on this side of the lake effect, that board won't work as well. Longer and thinner is better to hold an edge on thinly packed snow. In powder that looks great, for sure. You guys get all the snow in NW IN and W MI. We get an occasional dusting but hopefully this year will be a good one for snow riding.
V
Unstrapped!

Postby Misfit » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:33 am

I agree about the AG boards being a little short. Still, it's nice to see the snow side of the sport progressing. I don't understand why a skinny board is good for our conditions. I use a 155 k2 fatbob (thanks stf) which works well for the conditions around here. I like the fat board cause my toes and heels dont hang off the edge (size 12). Also, it's almost semetrical and has a radius of 9 (little sidecut). I need to take a shot for the tech!
Cory
Misfit
Wind Whore

Postby jkjaeschke » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:06 pm

Yea I'd just recommend buying a cheap but semi-decent board that your willing to beat up. When there's only a dusting on the field most likely your not gonna want to pack up and go home or if you ride on a frozen lake your gonna hit ice chucks. Check out the-house.com.

\m/
jkjaeschke
Resident Windfreak

Return to Open Forum