Kosh on Saturday

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Kosh on Saturday

Postby V » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:26 am

It was amazing. This day was the best snowkiting day I've ever had, by far. West and I hit kosh at about 1pm until sunset. I was riding my 11m, he was on his 9m. The wind was so smooth, holding the kite on the edge of the window a few feet above ground the kite didn't even move for 5 minutes at a time while resting. 3-6 inches of snow everywhere, aside from some watery snowy/icy patches near shore where some springs were coming up. Other than that, the center fo the lake was powder for miles aross. 10 square miles of flat, perfect wind, powder we tore that place up. We threw back 520 to toesides, unhooked, everything. I am so sore and beat up, I could barely move yesterday and today. Nailed my elbow about 6 times in the same spot. It was swollen up like a baseball last couple days. Today its fine though. Its going to take a few days to recover completely.

I am amazed at how different your muscles get used on the snowboard opposed to water.
V
Unstrapped!

Postby Misfit » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:52 am

Yo V
Cool to hear you and west go some this weekend.
My snowkiting session was the best i've ever had also. Steady wind and powder. I think i'm gonna build a slider to take with me when I ride the snow.
Later
Cory
Misfit
Wind Whore

Postby Bob » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:04 am

v...man that sounds like a killer session. cool.

bob
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Wind Whore

Postby V » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:36 am

Another great thing about it was Sat AM there was a Madison radio station playing reggae for a couple hours while we drove up and rigged. Sitting in sub-freezing winds, in cheese-ville, jamming to reggae, rigging kites. Gotta love it!!! 8)
V
Unstrapped!

Postby Bob » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:57 pm

v...what station? do you remember?

have a safe trip back.

bob
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Wind Whore

Postby V » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:58 am