Unhooked bow kite style

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Unhooked bow kite style

Postby Misfit » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:14 pm

Just thinking about the 1 kite quiver and it got me thinking. If you're out riding with ur bow kite really depowered can you unhook to throw some unhooked moves or will it power up too much?
Later
Cory
Misfit
Wind Whore

Postby Bob » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:45 pm

cory,

slingshot just came closer to this reality big time.

i flew the 12m turbo diesel today and the new bar is sick. there's a super easy stopper adjustment so you can set it at any spot up and down the line. another trick feature is having the depower strap right above the chicken loop.

these guys nailed it with this bar.

2 kites can cover most anyone range, but one is still a stretch without sacrificing safety.

man the ice is nice and rough now. blah, blah...need a drink.
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Wind Whore

Postby Misfit » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:07 pm

I've heard that the slingshot bar is the money. I've heard the ss turbo diesel isn't that great of a kite. I looked into getting one and was advised against it. Did u like the way it flew? good 4 surf style?
We have no snow and no ice. good thing we have lots of beer.
Later bob
Cory
Misfit
Wind Whore

Postby Bob » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:01 pm

cory,

who is saying it's not that great of a kite? if it's the bros at Real, yea, the advantages may not be as noticable since the winds tend to be so much more consistant there than around here. i've only had 2 low wind sessions, so it's not fair yet to give a performance review, but so far it feels very similar to the crossbows. i just need to ride it in super powered conditions to see if it pops like the crossbows. the 16m and 12m crossbows are awesome kites, but the ss bar kicks ass.

the basic advantages of the kite are sick. relaunching on snow and ice is almost unfair.

we're supposed to have 10-20 tomorrow and doing a photo shoot and article for the wisconsin state journal, so i'll post if i get a sessions worth writing about.

i'm pretty dialed on the bows, so one good session will tell me a lot.

happy new years.

bob
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Wind Whore

Postby Misfit » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:29 pm

No, it wasn't my bud's at real but it was some folks that live in hatteras. They said the kite doens't fit my riding style. After flying my 06' 17 fuel i'm glad I didn't get one. I know the bows have a lot of safety advantages but I just don't think they're dialed in yet. Besides, I don't like bar pressure. I'm interested to hear what you think when u get a good session on ur turbo deisel. Let me know.
Later
Cory
Misfit
Wind Whore

Postby V » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:16 am

there's a super easy stopper adjustment so you can set it at any spot up and down the line.

I use that stopper ball all the time for unhooked. FYI, it was there since 2004. There's one on top and below so you can set both and ride with the bar fixed, too, so you can let go with both as you transition and not worry about the kite depowering in a jibe.
V
Unstrapped!

Return to Open Forum