New dakine harness

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

New dakine harness

Postby MrNiceFred » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:32 pm

Hey,

I've got a very newbieish question. I just got a new Dakine Tabu harness. I also got a 6 inch bar and powerclip pad. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get both the bar and pad on at the same time. They are both supposed to be 6 inches, but the pad seems like its a good inch longer. Any ideas?
booja grandma
MrNiceFred
Board Monkey

Location: Deerfield: North of Chicago (south of North Chicago)

Postby ICrider2 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:22 am

it's a tight fit...but the pad should be closest to the harness and the spreader bar in front of that. use needle nose pliers to maybe try and get the pad hooks around the ends of the spreader bar.
ICrider2

Postby V » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:20 am

Yeah, like S said, the pad should be a bit longer to fit around, but to be honest, I haven't used a pad ever. When the kite is pulling and if you're riding properly (leaning back) the kite will keep the spreader off your body anyway. Maybe this is a good time to see if anyone uses and likes spreader pads?
V
Unstrapped!

Postby noabacca » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:53 pm

Unless you are a little kid, the 10" spreader bar and pad is much more comfortable, in my opinion. I'll be who ever sold you the harness was trying to get rid of the 6" bar

I've got the 2004 Tabu, with a 10" pivot bar and I use the pad.

I find it very comforable, and the pad comes in really handy when you have that slip up and the spreader bar is up on your rib-cage. A good out of control wipe out can cause that, any day of the week.
Anything can happen, it's nice to have a pad.

-NBP
“All the above content is West's opinion and definitely should not be acted upon. The words are not a recommendation to do anything regarding any subject. West cannot and shall not be held liable for the actions of others, in any matter.” ≈V
noabacca
Master of Kite

Postby ICrider2 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:30 pm

v's right, if your leaning back and riding with the correct position the pad 'isn't necessary. but if your beginning the pads a godsend, especially if you harness isn't as tight as it should be.

v-here's another time I find the pad to be helpful. when your floating around in the water on a gusty day trying to get back to your board the kite is trying to pull you straight up...that's when the pads really nice. but I'm sure that's a feeling you've had the joy of forgetting about! :D
ICrider2

Postby nicole » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:36 pm

i dont use a pad, but i wear a seat harness, so the bar's nowhere near my ribs anyway.
nicole
Master of Kite

Postby V » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:39 am

v-here's another time I find the pad to be helpful. when your floating around in the water on a gusty day trying to get back to your board the kite is trying to pull you straight up...that's when the pads really nice. but I'm sure that's a feeling you've had the joy of forgetting about!

I still know all about it! Or how about body dragging for your lost bootie?! LOL That day was funny. All I saw was a foot sitting on top of the water.
V
Unstrapped!

Postby ICrider2 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:11 pm

LOL! forgot about that one. I do enjoy V's on water delivery service! booties, boards, you name.
ICrider2

Return to Open Forum