advice on new gear

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

advice on new gear

Postby ckramer » Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:47 pm

Hi everyone, I am new to this sport... I weigh 65 kgs and I wold like some advice on buying new equipment.
For the board I was oriented towards slingshot sx with cabrinha co2 kite. Is the cabrinha blacktip too advanced? And also which is the best size of kite for me considering the fact that for a period of time I'll have just 1 set?
For the harbess I was thinking of either cabrinha or dakine which is much cheaper, but I don't know if it is good ebnough. I don't want to buy second class equipment and then have to change it after some time. It happened to me with my sailing boat, everyone telling me to buy cheap stuff, and at the end you end up spending more.

Thanks a lot if anyone can be of any help :)
ckramer
Kiter Noob

Postby rhumbaflappy » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:57 pm

16m kite. Blacktip maybe not the best kite for around here. Too high aspect. You want like a SS fuel or Aero3/X3 type kite. For your weight, I would say 16m for the lighter summer winds. You'll use that kite 70% of the time around here. (in my opinion)
R/F
rhumbaflappy
Resident Windfreak

Return to Open Forum