EMERGENCY / Safety issue : looking for Wes's contact

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Postby 4w7s » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:05 am

nicole wrote:
* geez, is Amanda our only Chicago area kitesurfing lass these days, or at least the only one writing on the forum?

I'm still here!

oops, sorry Nicole :oops:
(you're one of the originals!!)
Roberto
PASA Level II Instructor
4w7s
Zen Levitator

Postby Mr » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:17 am

In my opinion, if someone is riding outside the rules and endangering no one's life but his own then so be it. Why risk our spot and call the police for someone who doesn't care about us. Sounds cold, but it's his life. Let him choose for himself. If he wants to kite accross the lake then so be it. He is a big boy. I don't have to watch out for someone who doesn't want watching out for.

Me, I ride with someone everytime. Because I care about me. This gentleman wants to ride solo in off shore? Good for him. But I'm not gonna lose sleep over it. If he had said,"Hey , I'm gonna go cruse, if you dont hear from call the CG" Then I'm all over that.

Calling the police was a mistake.

Made us look like amateurs. Professional dept don't like wasteing their resources on folks like us. That's a fact.

Flame away.
Mr
Board Slinger

Postby adseguy » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:04 pm

Hey guys. I appreciate Mike for answering his phone when he was out on what seems like a vacation in phoenix. I got the call from Alex last night at around 9 and was calling everyone until 11p.m. when I got a shot back saying he's ok.

I even went to Montrose to look for his car (black Audi a4 or S4). Unfortunately I found a Black Audi A4 for the bird fence parking so my heart sank a little and I really got worried. Cops were patrolling the area and I asked to grab the registration from the car, but by the time we pulled up a name someone else opened the car and it wasn't Wes. I felt much better then and even better when we got the text he was ok. Thanks to all for your help. Mike had a great idea to look for his number on the forums.

As for the incident even though there wasn't any technically I think the simple facts of STRAIGHT off-shore wind, dark night, storm conditions, and no active buddy system used was a huge mistake that could have been much worse for obvious reasons. I'll talk to Wes and Alexis about this personally and we'll go from there. I'm going to lock up this thread though and we'll start a new one if needed.
Adrien - 773-208-3443
7,12 Epic Screamers
2014 7,9,10,12,17 Blade Triggers
2014 132x41 Axis Vanguard
adseguy
Wind Whore

Previous

Return to Open Forum