Sri Lanka Kiteboarding Trip August 2014!

Did your time away from the rat race serve you well? Don't hold out on the crew. Post the details so we can rent the room you trashed last week.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Sri Lanka Kiteboarding Trip August 2014!

Postby Like To Kite » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:50 pm

Sri Lanka Kiteboarding Trip August 13-31, 2014!

It would be great if you can join me, Amanda, for kiteboarding in Sri Lanka this August! It’s an amazing place, perfect for beginners and advanced riders alike. All day everyday from May through October the wind averages 18-20 knots which is ideal for kiting! It’s the perfect place to take lessons as a beginner and also for the most advanced rider to improve their skills! I plan to be there from August 13th until the 31st. We’ll be staying at Kitesurfing Lanka where all your needs are taken care of, from delicious meals to transportation, by friendly folks in a delightful and relaxed atmosphere. As an International Kiteboarding Organization Level 2 Instructor, I am happy to provide lessons and assist you in learning to kite. Please visit http://www.LikeToKite.com for more information about lessons. Qualified and experienced instruction along with an ideal Sri Lankan location and consistent conditions guarantees fast progression whatever your level!

There are dozens of spots close to the kite camp to ride! On one side of a peninsula is the Indian Ocean which is ideal for free-ride and wave riding. On the other side is Kalpitiya Lagoon, great for beginners and freestylers. In between is the Puttalam Lagoon with perfect flat water which is great for downwind trips, camping on islands and free-ride. If you are just starting out, conditions are ideal for learning in the lagoon. This means that there is something for everyone, allowing you to come in groups with different levels.

There are plenty of 1 day to 1 week downwind kite trip options for proficient riders! A full day trip to the best spot around is an incredible option. Start kiting from one island and do an awesome downwinder to another island, following a sand bank the entire way. Once you arrive in the second island, you are in a big bay with full off-shore wind and dead flat water. The water is three feet deep, the wind is laminar and the place is wild and beautiful! KSL has a beach hut on the island with hammocks, chairs, tables, music, drinks and food. It’s a 10 minute drive and then a 45 minute boat trip. The price for this trip for the day is 45 Euros. You can also do a 2 day trip to this same island with camping equipment provided for the overnight stay! This 2 day trip is 90 Euros per person. KSL also does a half day trip kiting downwind from island to island in Puttalam lagoon. This trip is 25 Euros and is a 10 minute drive and then 20 minutes by boat. Kitesurfing Lanka specializes in kitetrips and they are all awesome! If you can stay upwind, then you’ll have an amazing time during these kiting expeditions!

We’ll be staying at Kitesurfing Lanka, rated #1 Kite Resort on tripadvisor! The accommodation options suit a range of budgetary requirements, from backpacker style tents to private chalets, all facing the Indian Ocean. As you’ll see in the photos of the site, you don’t need to travel far, just get out of your room and off you go Kitesurfing!

http://www.kitesurfinglanka.com

Premium Rooms (Ideal for two) Euro 57 pp full board
Lagoon Side Bungalow (Ideal for two) Euro 57 pp full board
Lagoon Side Family Bungalow (Can sleep four persons) Euro 57 pp full board
Standard Room (Ideal for a couple) Euro 43 pp full board

All the above have attached bathrooms.

We also have tents for 2 persons and 4 persons. Euro 35 pp full board

All meals, tea and coffee around the clock, free transport to the flat water spot, free boat rescues in the big lagoon and donkey spot, uninterrupted power supply to the camp, and internet are all included in the accommodation price!

Meals are delicious and healthy! Local fruits and vegetables, fish, crabs and prawns freshly caught each morning by the fishermen, mouthwatering cuisine like ‘Lankan Rice & Curry’ and French specialties such as Roast Chicken, Filet Beef Marinade and Gratin Dauphinois.

The facility is located on the North West Coast of Sri Lanka, on the peninsula of Puttalam, a 2.5 hour drive from the international airport. Transport from the airport to the facility may be arranged with KSL, to get you kiting with the least amount of hassle.

I previously stayed at Kitesurfing Lanka for two weeks and had an incredible time! Now I’d like to take the opportunity to teach in Sri Lanka and share this amazing place with others. The location is prefect for any level of riding. Delicious meals are completely taken care of so you can use your time to kite, socialize or just relax. Kitesurfing Lanka has a friendly and relaxed vibe along with a very nice ambiance so you can truly enjoy your time and feel like you are on vacation.

You can also feel good knowing that you are supporting a great cause by staying at KSL! You may even want to consider bringing some school supplies for donation if you can squeeze anything extra into your kiteboard bag. Check out the great work they do for their community:

http://www.kitesurfinglanka.com/ksl-com ... n-project/

Please book your stay directly with Kitesurfing Lanka. Also, please mention either Amanda or Like To Kite so that they know that you are part of our group and referred by me. The best way to reach KSL is by emailing: info@kitesurfinglanka.com

KSL Team Info:
Dil (Sri Lankan and exceptional English speaker) +94 773 686 235
Leo (French) +33 685 154 789
info@kitesurfinglanka.com
http://www.kitesurfinglanka.com

If you have a little extra time, touring around Sri Lanka is also a great idea! It’s a beautiful country and everyone is so nice and inviting. There are so many options for things to see and do that everyone can find an activity that they’ll enjoy. I recommend taking a couple of days off and see the sites to restore those sore muscles after constantly kiting!

I look forward to seeing you there! Please contact me for more information about the trip and lessons. Lessons are fun and rewarding and you’ll progress much faster because of the excellent and consistent conditions! Top of the line new Ozone Kites - http://flyozone.com/ are used for riding and lessons ensuring safety, performance and fun! The best way to reach me is by emailing me at Amanda@LikeToKite.com. Thank you so much!

Here are the photos from the last trip that Stephen and I enjoyed in Sri Lanka:
https://plus.google.com/photos/10929423 ... 5366810289

Amanda (Me)

Stephen

Dil having having a blast during a one day downwinder

Leo in the foreground chilling in the hammock at the downwinder spot

Hope you can join us! Please contact Amanda@LikeToKite.com. Thanks!
Amanda
http://www.LikeToKite.com
(773) 672-3210
Like To Kite
Resident Windfreak

Return to Kitesurfing Vacations