lost my board at waukegan

Find some booty? Reunite lost gear with its owner here, you gear-poacher you.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

lost my board at waukegan

Postby snowball » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:42 pm

i left my board at waukegan yesterday i was so tired from riding i didnt even notice untel today and it was gone today.

The board is a hana crew excaliber

It is all white with one hana crew logo on it. I put a bunch of 686(that company that makes my snowboard jacket) stickers on it, a large sticker that says parental advisery Real slider park, and a few oneil stickers and one slingshot sticker.

please watch for it and if you hear anything about it or find it give me a call at 847-571-7457 or send me an email at laz91@comcast.net

-henry
snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Postby Artem » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:55 pm

Were you at Illinios beach state park, if you were I'm sorry to say there was no board there I rode around all over the beach. If you lost your board at Il beach state park go to the police they pick up stuff from the beach there I lost my bar and went there and they found my bar. Good luck to you man hope you find your board.
Artem
Boosticus Maximus

Postby snowball » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:41 pm

waukegan beach not zion whitch i think is also called illinois state park
snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Postby snowball » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:01 pm

i posted a sighn at the entrence to the beach incase a dog walker or a homeless dude found it and it says if you find my board you will get a $30 reward so find it fast!!!
snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Postby noabacca » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:06 pm

Contact the local Sheriff's department.

I lost my board, and a Sheriff Deputy got it back, from the guy selling it on ebay 2 weeks later.

I posted multiple flyers along a 20 mi stretch of Lake Michigan to no avail.

Hopefully you have some pictures with the identifiable board.

See this link of my story, happened about this exact same time last year!

http://www.mackite.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1051&hl=

In Michigan there is a 60 day, unclaimed/lost/abandon property law.
Everybody is supposed to turn in "found" property to the local police, if the rightful owner does not show up in the alotted time, the property can be returned back to the finder.

Maybe there is something like that in Wisconsin

In hind sight, I should have contacted law enforcement immediately, but I figured nobody would be that dumb to rip off the stickers and post the board on ebay 2 weeks after they found it.

So, in my case, I was able to get the report taken, after the board popped up, but it is a better idea to have it done immediately.
I would think that if your board does turn up, even a number of months down the road, having the report on file will give you an immediate course of action against the party in possesion.

-NBP
Last edited by noabacca on Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“All the above content is West's opinion and definitely should not be acted upon. The words are not a recommendation to do anything regarding any subject. West cannot and shall not be held liable for the actions of others, in any matter.” ≈V
noabacca
Master of Kite

Postby noabacca » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:08 pm

This is the flyer I put up.

“All the above content is West's opinion and definitely should not be acted upon. The words are not a recommendation to do anything regarding any subject. West cannot and shall not be held liable for the actions of others, in any matter.” ≈V
noabacca
Master of Kite

Postby snowball » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:17 pm

we talked to the life guards and waukegan police or security i couldnt tell and they didnt care. we asked is there a lost and found and the guy just laughed at us he was probably thinking (do you think were in winnetka) in waukegan someone is just going to take anything they find and not think twice about it. im just going to be looking on ebay for someone to try selling it i might make more sighns next week.
snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Postby noabacca » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:07 pm

The cops are obligated to take a report.

I can just imagine that you haven't got a lot of hope in getting your board back by a Samaritan, but you do have a right to your lost property, say if it ended up in a pawn shop or eBay, or where have you.
Know the law.

THIS IS THE WISCONSIN LAW

170.07. Lost chattels, notice

Except as provided in ss. 170.105 and 170.12, if a person finds $25 or more or any goods having a value of at least $25 but less than $100, and if the owner of the money or goods is unknown, the finder shall, within 5 days after finding the money or goods, give a written notice of the found money or goods to the law enforcement agency of the city, village or town in which the money or goods are found. That law enforcement agency shall post a notice of the found money or goods in 2 public places in the city, village or town.

170.08. Notice and appraisal

Except as provided in ss. 170.105 and 170.12, the finder of lost goods having a value of $100 or more shall give a written notice of the found goods to the law enforcement agency of the city, village or town in which the goods are found within 15 days after finding the goods and cause a class 2 notice under ch. 985 of the found goods to be published in the county. If no person who is entitled to the goods appears to claim the goods, the finder shall, within 2 months after finding the goods and before using the goods to their injury, procure an appraisal of the goods by the law enforcement agency of the finder's city, village or town. The appraisal shall be certified by the head of the law enforcement agency and filed in the office of the law enforcement agency of the city, village or town.

170.09. Restitution

If the owner of lost money or goods appears within 90 days after notice is given to the law enforcement agency of the city, village or town under s. 170.07 or 170.08 and makes out his or her right to the money or goods, he or she shall have restitution of the money or goods or the value of the money or goods upon his or her paying all the costs and charges on the money or goods, including a reasonable compensation to the finder for the finder's trouble.

170.10. Payment to town

If no owner of lost money or goods appears within 90 days after notice is given to the law enforcement agency of the city, village or town under s. 170.07 or 170.08, the finder of the money or goods shall be the owner of the lost money or goods.

170.105. Chattels found by public officials, employees or agents

(1) Notwithstanding ss. 170.07 and 170.08, if an official, employee or agent of the state or of a county, city, village or town finds $25 or more or any goods having a value of at least $25 while acting within the scope of his or her official duties, employment or agency, he or she shall transfer custody of the found money or goods to the agency in the city, village or town where the money or goods were found that is designated by the city, village or town governing body to receive found money or goods. That agency shall post a notice of the found money or goods in 2 public places in the city, village or town.

(2) If the owner of lost money or goods appears within 90 days after the notice is posted under sub. (1) and makes out his or her right to the found money or goods, he or she shall have restitution of the money or goods or the value of the money or goods upon paying all of the costs and charges on the money or goods. If no owner of lost money or goods appears within 90 days after the notice is posted under sub. (1), the found money or goods become the property of the state or county, city, village or town whose official, employee or agent found the lost money or goods.

170.11. Penalty for neglect

Except as provided in s. 170.12, if the finder of lost money or goods having a value of $3 or more fails to give notice of the found money or goods or otherwise to comply with the provisions of ss. 170.07 to 170.10, the finder shall be liable for the full value of the money or goods, one-half to the use of the town and the other half to the person who sues for the full value, and shall also be responsible to the owner for the money or goods.

170.12. Sunken logs on submerged state lands

(1) Definitions. In this section:

(a) "Board" means the board of commissioners of public lands.

(b) "Log" means a portion of the trunk of a felled tree which has not been further processed for any end use, including any portion of a trunk of a tree previously used in substantially its natural state as part of a dock or crib but that is no longer part of a dock, a crib or any discernible structure, or is part of the debris field of a dock or crib.

(c) "Resident of this state" means an individual who maintains a residence, as described in s. 6.10(1), in this state, or a corporation, partnership, association or other legal entity that maintains an office in this state and in which at least 50% of the ownership interest is held by one or more individuals who maintain a residence, as described in s. 6.10(1), in this state.

(2) Title to sunken logs. The state reserves to itself title and ownership of all logs resting on submerged lands owned by the state.

(3) Application to remove sunken logs on certain submerged lands. A person wishing to raise and remove logs that are resting on submerged lands owned by the state and that are located in Lake Michigan, Lake Superior, Star Lake in Vilas County, Boom Lake in Oneida County, Rib Lake in Taylor County or the Fox River shall make application to the board for a permit to do so. Unless the applicant has received a permit under this section prior to October 14, 1997, the applicant shall include with the application a performance bond in the amount of at least $10,000.
noabacca
Master of Kite

Return to Lost and Found