Memorial Day Weekend 2006 - Sheboygan

Pictures and Videos of locals or just great shots. Put em here and brag to your buds about your mad skills fo-shizzle.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Memorial Day Weekend 2006 - Sheboygan

Postby slickrock22 » Mon May 29, 2006 9:21 pm

You can take the girl out of the trailer, but you can't take the trailer out of the girl.
slickrock22
Wind Chaser

Postby ranxerox » Wed May 31, 2006 4:00 pm

nice pics,

vid has moved
Last edited by ranxerox on Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ranxerox
Sand Bagger

Postby noabacca » Wed May 31, 2006 5:46 pm

The video starts out FRIGGIN' COOL

Too bad the fuckin' PUTFILE.COM grinds to a halt at 41 seconds of footage.

Could be cause I use a Mac, can anyone else host the video, so it can be downloaded complete?

-NBP
“All the above content is West's opinion and definitely should not be acted upon. The words are not a recommendation to do anything regarding any subject. West cannot and shall not be held liable for the actions of others, in any matter.” ≈V
noabacca
Master of Kite

Postby ranxerox » Wed May 31, 2006 6:09 pm

sorry folks vid has been moved.. search around ya might find it nearby
Last edited by ranxerox on Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ranxerox
Sand Bagger

Postby Nygs » Wed May 31, 2006 7:38 pm

Really nice work!!!

Kicking myself even more now for going to Waukegan and not making the trip! Doh!!!

Northerner, can you recommend any nice campsites near the beach where the wife and I could pitch a tent for a weekend?
Nygs
Master of Kite

Postby Northerner » Wed May 31, 2006 8:31 pm

nygs, Great camping about 7min south of where this footage was taken at Terry andre state park. It's a cool area with sand dunes, you can kite there, great beaches for miles but the winds not as strong usually. Most weekends you should get reservations, it's popular in the summer.
Northerner
Zen Levitator

Postby noabacca » Wed May 31, 2006 8:41 pm

ramxerox!!

Thanks,
I was unable to get the direct link, and no Apple click, control click, Apple/Control/Option, no nothing was working.

Great Flick!

Who is the rider on the Best Pro Board?
Roll to revert, Front Rolls looked pretty good too.

Looked a bit light there at the end.
-NBP
“All the above content is West's opinion and definitely should not be acted upon. The words are not a recommendation to do anything regarding any subject. West cannot and shall not be held liable for the actions of others, in any matter.” ≈V
noabacca
Master of Kite

Postby slickrock22 » Wed May 31, 2006 9:38 pm

THAT VIDEO IS SOOOOO COOOOL!!! NICE JOB!! Thanks for catching the part where i detached my safety and lost my kite while you got everyone else doing flips :oops:
You can take the girl out of the trailer, but you can't take the trailer out of the girl.
slickrock22
Wind Chaser

Postby jarch » Wed May 31, 2006 9:51 pm

So cool!! You did a great job of putting that together. The guy on the Best board was Javier...believe he was from Madison or Milwaukee. He was killing it all day. Ryan, that is a great shot of how to ditch your kite! LOL!!!
jarch
Boosticus Maximus

Postby palte » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:31 am

if it was javier, he's a grad student here at UW from puerto rico, I keep missing him ride, but he's the town pro from what I hear
palte
Kite Crew in Training

Postby jkjaeschke » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:52 am

That was a sweet vid. Kind of reminded me of an old takoon video....nice

\m/
jkjaeschke
Resident Windfreak

Postby ranxerox » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:44 am

yea! was awsome to work on some pure fun video for a change. sorry slickrock :p , i had no intention of leaving out your good moves, i was looking for clean shots and spills are part of the entertainment for those on the beach heh. wish i had brought my tripod for the second day.

so, as yall know we are Very concerned with safety. i think at this point one of the main rules is to keep the kites and launching south of the parking lot.
please keep that in mind if you come up to sheboygan.

2nd is please please don't smoke into the beach and walk up through the sun bathers with the kite flying, drop the kite out at the second sandbar and walk up with the kite not flying! we desperately need to keep this beach accident free.
ranxerox
Sand Bagger

Return to Pictures and Videos