Dominican Republic

Did your time away from the rat race serve you well? Don't hold out on the crew. Post the details so we can rent the room you trashed last week.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Dominican Republic

Postby Pete » Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:36 am

This is my fourth day in the Dominican and there is absolutely no wind. Everyone is starting to crazy on kite beach. Hopefully I will get a couple of days so I can give a half decent report of this place.

Pete
Pete
Chop Wrestler

DR

Postby V » Thu May 01, 2003 9:27 am

Hey Pete, so how was it? Did you get any wind?
V
Unstrapped!

Postby Pete » Thu May 01, 2003 11:00 am

Cabarete, Dominican Republic:4/18-4/27

Well it never fails, I go to kite beach to learn this sport in some warm water and for 7 days it was 0-5 knots! The day before I left (This past Sat.) It finally blew. The kite school there (KiteExcite) was awesome. I needed to use their equipment because my Aero2 16 was too big. However, I did get out there for some instruction with a Gastra 12M and I think I was a little underpowered beacuse I failed to get up. So, all in all it was not that succesfull for me. It looks like I will be learning back here in the cold water. I'm sure the place rocks when it's blowin and your a good rider. All the local kids out there were boosting like all you pro's so make it a destination and just hope you don't get hosed like me. See ya at the swap meet.

Pete
Pete
Chop Wrestler

Koshkenong

Postby V » Thu May 01, 2003 11:38 am

Pete, you're coming with me next time to Koshkenong. Its waist deep most of the lake and its huge and perfectly flat water. Perfect to learn. We'll hook up. See you Saturday.
V
Unstrapped!

maybe next time

Postby dckiteboards » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:30 am

I was in CAB for this past winter, and saw many peops like you come down for a week or a matter of days and it never blew for them . EVER. you have to go for a month or at least three weeks next time. Cab is sik if your a pro or training to be one.. dont give up
peace out
chris
8)
Door County Crew
dckiteboards
Resident Windfreak

Return to Kitesurfing Vacations