Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Did your time away from the rat race serve you well? Don't hold out on the crew. Post the details so we can rent the room you trashed last week.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Postby Pete » Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:56 pm

November 24- December 1

While everyone was eating turkey and freezing their tails off I decided to take a Holiday over Thanksgiving and finally learn to ride. I could not have asked for better conditions while in the DR. Side shore winds 15-17 knots in the AM and tapering off by the afternoon to 10-12 then picking up in the evening for one or two hours. Brought down the 16 and 18 inflatables, using the 16, 85% of the time. Just tweaking the tuning knots for different power set ups. Only saw one other kiter on the beach the whole time, so it's definitely not kite beach but plenty of room to rig your stuff and launch sans tourists in Speedo’s. Man when are these guys’s going to get it? We just don't look good in those things!!!

Water was every shade of Carib you could imagine, some spots you could see the coral streaming underneath your board, go out past the break and the rollers were set up nice. However, I did not venture out past the break. The other guy from France was launching off the rollers and it looked very sweet.

Hotel was the all inclusive type which, I do not recommend but I had the lady friend with me and it helped while I was riding hour after hour. So if you go; bring your kite gear and freak some people out because no one had ever seen such a sport. Be ready for the stray German to come up and grab your bar on the beach though...

It feels great to finally ride and feel the experience. Now only if I could jump.. Hummm. Summer "04" a must.

Thanks again for the riding tips out in Michigan V, I was up and carving the second my kite got powered up. Oh, and I have the pictures to send you from that last day in Michigan. Talk to ya soon.

Pete
Pete
Chop Wrestler

Return to Kitesurfing Vacations