December Vacations - Mexico?

Did your time away from the rat race serve you well? Don't hold out on the crew. Post the details so we can rent the room you trashed last week.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

December Vacations - Mexico?

Postby marius » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:05 am

I was wondering to hit Mexico in mid-December for 2 weeks. Price for plane tickets is nice so now I am wondering where to stay.
From the perspecitve of my recent stay in March (Rivera Maya close to Playa del Carmen where for week stay I got only 2 rideable days) I would look for Cancun.
I think there is more variety regarding diiferent wind direction but I would like to here opinion if it is a good time of the year to plan trip there and there you recommend to stay.

How about Cozumel??? I have heard lot of good but I am not sure if someone who told me this was talking about December.

I would appreciate any suggestion
marius
Chop Wrestler

el norte

Postby jochi » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:13 am

Hey Marius,

El norte winds blow in Baja (sea of cortez) in december. La Ventana is the place and I think you can stay at a camp ground or Baja Joes? A lot of the riders from Vancouver go there in December and Jan. Might be a good place to show off the Rogue Wave board huh???

Rustic but windy.....

Jochi
jochi
Kite Crew in Training

Postby Pete » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:49 pm

Marius,

I'm hitting Coz next week for 10 days. I'll post my reply on how it was when I get back.
Pete
Chop Wrestler

Postby stg » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:52 am

I was in mexico last year and rode at cocoa beach I think that is in playa del carmen. wind was light but they had a nice beach. I also rode south of there in akumal which I do not reccomend. Everyone there seemed to think that farther south by tulum is the best place around that area. wide sandy beach and more consistent wind. supposedly beach hut accomadations can be found for $10-20 a night. That is all I know and most of that is hearsay. So do some checking before you bank on it.
Scott
stg
Pump Master

Postby marius » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:07 pm

I like the most Jochi recommendation. Even found website www.kitemasters.com
Unfortunatelly I have to cancel my trip this year to Mexico ;(
marius
Chop Wrestler

Postby marius » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:07 pm

I like the most Jochi recommendation. Even found website www.kitemasters.com
Unfortunatelly I have to cancel my trip this year to Mexico ;(
marius