What type of wetsuit?

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

What type of wetsuit?

Postby Lithium » Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:55 pm

I am wondering what s the best to ride in the cold waters of Lake Michigan during spring time. I ve checked some body glove wetsuits in the 5/3 mm type. But I m not sure to what extent I need to invest on that part. I m not looking at drysuits cuz they seem too bulky and are rather expensive. Any advice would be appreciated.
Lithium
Pump Master

Postby Lithium » Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:38 pm

noone here has some advice to give ? Come on!
Lithium
Pump Master

Postby V » Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:28 am

5/3 suits should be hyperstretch so they feel like 3/2mm when on. And you need a warm suit, as well. Make sure it's got a sealed chest panel and back. The majority of guys selling suits will tell you neoprene is wind proof, but they have no clue. Get a suit that has a thin layer of rubber on the main panels that completely block the wind. You're not actually "in" the water when kiting, and it is always windy. After a couple hours it can get cold. Also, a highly reflective suit is the best. Prolimit is probably the best suit, but to get any good suit, there will be a price of $250-$350.
V
Unstrapped!

Return to Open Forum