lost in the kitejungle?

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

lost in the kitejungle?

Postby JakobSteensen » Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:31 pm

Hey. Im beginner, and was thinking of buying some used equipment in here. Im about 185 cm. high, and weights 75Kg. I would like a an average weather kite, a good board, about 40cm broad, But it is so, so hard finding my way around in this jungle. If someone in here would be real nice, maybe you could help me out, all the way. finding a good offer and so on. thanks
Hey!- im from denmark, just came here from danemark. But I really dont know where to kitesurf here in madison. SO if your from madison, mail me. thanks
JakobSteensen
Sand Bagger

Postby ChicagoKitesurfing » Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:33 pm

Check the used gear section or post a WTB message (wanted to buy).

For 75kg, you want a 16 or 18m kite for light winds or a 12m-14m kite for higher winds. Beginners should get the bigger kite and learn with that, since it turns slower and you will be out in lighter winds (10-15mph). If you go with the smaller kite, you will accentuate mistakes and the winds will be higher (14-20mph) and might get hurt. Go to the beach where others are and ask questions and take training!
ChicagoKitesurfing
Site Admin

Return to Open Forum