Cabarete

Did your time away from the rat race serve you well? Don't hold out on the crew. Post the details so we can rent the room you trashed last week.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Cabarete

Postby nicole » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:50 pm

Hey everyone,
We have been in Cabarete for almost two months now. January wind was so-so, but it has been windy EVERY DAY in February! Literally, every single day of February was windy, I've never seen anything like it! However, the crowds here are pretty bad. One day a girl riding upwind of me crashed her kite around me and her lines cut into my leg, and another day a windsurfer ran over my boyfriend's lines. It can be pure insanity!
nicole

nicole
Master of Kite

Postby Herbie » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:06 pm

A winter in Cabarete sounds nice, even though it sounds very crowded.

Went there on vacation in 1995, it was awesome! We went for windsurfing, but only got 2 days of wind. We ended up making into a great mountain bike vacation renting through Iquana Mama. The scenery and terrain was epic, even by 2008 standards. The owners husband, name forgotten, made it a great time. I wonder if it still under the same ownership...

Anyway not so busy in 1995, damn, if only there had been money available to buy some beach front...

Is the Blue Moon still there - that was a great dining experience!

Herbie
Resident Windfreak

Postby bm6w » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:53 pm

"nicole"....I am going to Punta Cana next week with my roomates, I am a medium kiter, just learning to jump but can stay upwind..I am staying at the Occidental All Inclusive...I've read a few reviews that there is some good kiting on that side of the DR...any info?
bm6w
Kiter Noob

Return to Kitesurfing Vacations