Come visit the Oregon Coast!

Did your time away from the rat race serve you well? Don't hold out on the crew. Post the details so we can rent the room you trashed last week.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Come visit the Oregon Coast!

Postby Denny » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:39 pm

Hey all,
I'm new to the forum, but I wanted to spread the word about Oregon. We've got some of the greatest conditions out here for kitesurfing in the ocean, as well as protected areas for kiters of all skill levels. One of the most popular areas is a stretch of beach between Seaside and Astoria. There is about 15 miles of open, sandy beach that you can drive on. It's great for playing in the surf, and perfect for setting up a down-winder. It's more of a summer spot though, as winter waves get HUGE!

Other great spots include Manzanita and the Lagoons. There is kiting year round, but winter can get cold. For more info visit http://www.kiteworld.net/kiteboarding-vacations.php. For specific information about where to stay etc, contact Ben at Kiteworld.net (866.548.3967).

If you have a great spot that you would like to share (doesn't matter where it is), let me know. I'll put it up on the site listed above. I'm always happy to support the community!
Denny
Kiter Noob

Return to Kitesurfing Vacations