Ecuador

Did your time away from the rat race serve you well? Don't hold out on the crew. Post the details so we can rent the room you trashed last week.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Ecuador

Postby jkjaeschke » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:57 pm

Paul and I were just down in Ecuador (Nov 19-25th) and it was pretty sweet. The beach down in Manta, really Santa Marianita is essentially LSP on steriods. Same principle of cold water offshore, however the water immediately offshore was about 80 degrees. On land instead of sand dunes it's more like desert mountains, which seemed to applify the affect. We were only at the beach for 3 days but the same consistant thermal conditions were there everyday. At about 11 the land heats up enough to pull the wind onshore and it was steady 9m-12m conditions.

There's really not much on the beach a couple kitesurfing schools as well as a few houses and huts, one of which we stayed in for $15 one night. I don't think there were over 20 people riding at any time any of the days.

The Beach (Santa Marianita)

The Hut we stayed in the first night

On the way to the beach from Manta

The beach in Montanita about 2 hours south of Manta. Known for it's surfing.
James
jkjaeschke
Resident Windfreak

Postby ryankolberg » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:34 pm

yeah good times down there, I was down there last June and it was great! Glad you made it to Montanita! I didn't sleep a second in Montanita....

great pics, it is truely beautiful down there

RYan
ryankolberg
Resident Windfreak

Return to Kitesurfing Vacations