Instructor Profiles.

Feelin' depressed? Don't know where to turn when the man's got you down? Lay it on us!...anything about kiteboarding, or not...

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Instructor Profiles.

Postby skysurfr » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:01 pm

This is the spot to post instructor profiles and to find a local instructor.

Where do you teach?
Instructors that work under you:
Support for trainees: (jet ski or boat or ?)
equipment you teach with:
Certification type? IKO / PASA / Other / None
Incorporated? Y/N
Insured? Y/N
Season? Snow / Water / Both
equipment you sell:
contact info:
other:
Mike

2007- Naish Thorn, Torch 16/12, 2008 10M Alliance. '07 Naish Thorn 144 Cape Doctor. Naish Midwest Team. GoPro Cameras! Red Helmet and Fashionable Football Shirt. :-)
skysurfr
Board Beotch

Postby 4w7s » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:42 pm

Roberto Villate - Lessons in Muskegon MI
- other locations by special arrangement

-I am a full-time, year round, independant instructor and have also taught in the past for 8 other established IKO/PASA schools in TX, FL, MI, Thailand, and Viet Nam.

-PASA certified in 2004/Riding since 2000

-500+ lessons taught to date worldwide - 100% spot free safety record (no students hurt during lessons and no accidents reported from past students)

-Based in St. Pete FL (winter/spring) and Muskegon MI (summer/fall) - other locations by arrangement. (Have also provided lessons and specialized trips in the Bahamas, OBX, Costa Rica, Cape Cod/Nantucket, Ireland, and a few other spots)

- Primarily Kitesurfing lessons (but can provide snowkiting emphasis)
- Wave riding clinics for experienced riders

-Lessons taught with BEST Waroos and Kahoonas, SPLEENE boards, CORE kites and bars, DYNABAR spreader bars, DAKINE harnesses.

-Sales: Mostly BEST, SPLEENE, RRD, CORE, DAKINE, DYNABAR, , Various surf boards, and can order just about any brand item desired.

- I do not work for a shop and have no obligation to sell you anything other than what is optimal for each rider. All gear ordered on an individually tailored basis.

For full lesson details and information send an email request to me at:
rvillate@msn.com and then we can discuss any questions you may have.

Ride Safe!
Last edited by 4w7s on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
Roberto
PASA Level II Instructor
4w7s
Zen Levitator

Postby snowball » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:05 pm

Henry Lazerow
Chicago Snowkiting

Where do you teach? Illinois-Wisconsin-Michigan (Mostly northern IL area) SNOW - WATER - LAND
Snow- Crystal lake, Lake Zurich, Elgin, etc. IL-Big Muskego WI-Other spots can be scheduled when conditions permit or for specific interests
Water-Big Muskego WI for training -Waukegan IL if conditions/skills permit
Instructors that work under you: Training is done one on one
Equipment you teach with: Best kiteboarding gear- Bow kites
Certification type? None 3 years background in snowboard instruction and Swim instruction/ been kiteboarding for 8 years. Grown up around water and teaching my entire life
Incorporated? No
Insured? Yes
Season? Snow / Water/ land training
Equipment you sell: We can order you all the top brands and also sell used equipment to match any budget. Boards, snowboards, kites, harnesses, wetsuits, Cabrinha, Best, Liquid Force, etc.
Contact info: Laz91@comcast.net

100% positive safety record (Never had a single client hurt and plan to keep it that way) Kiteboarding is a safe sport with proper instruction !!!

Reduced rates for group lessons

If you would like referrals please shoot me an email we would be more than happy to show you what our customers say about our quality of work and their satisfaction in our lessons.

FOR BOOKING/QUESTIONS PLEASE VISIT CHICAGOKITESURFLESSONS.COM OR EMAIL US AT LAZ91@COMCAST.NET
snowball
Boosticus Maximus

Postby jensmadwind » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:53 am

Jens Hanson www.kiteridersllc.com

Teach in southern WI (Madison surrounding area), Door County, and week long courses in Hatteras.

Snow and water lessons

Water lessons with Jet Ski support

I work for Bob Cook (owner) and we have 4 instructors total

We teach with Epic Renegades, Cabrinha Switchblades

Certification: I have nothing on paper but have been through the PASA course and worked directly with one of the founding members of PASA.

I have worked for KiteRiders for the last 5 seasons and have worked at the KiteHouse in Florida twice during that time. I also gave Henry his first lesson.

Insured :yes
10 mph?
jensmadwind
Zen Levitator

Postby Cameltoeside » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:43 am

Where do you teach? florida, great lakes, dominican republic

Instructors that work under you: 0 quality control

Support for trainees: (jet ski or boat or ?) none do not have a captains license

equipment you teach with: BEST-bang them up and they still fly great

Certification type? IKO level 2

Incorporated? Y

Insured? Y

Season? winter florida, spring/fall chiacgo area (occasional summer dominican republic)

equipment you sell: support south port rigging in kenosha and windward in chicago

contact info: http://www.windigoinc.com/lessons-iko.html or by phone 847 997 wind (9463)

other: have been kiting since 04 all year. i have been for fortunate enough to be able to travel to florida in the winter months and use this area as a jumping point to kite in many locations.

being an instructor is more than charging for your service, you are the one person that student will remember for ever, why make it a bad one or a waste of time.
Cameltoeside
Kite Crew in Training

Postby hammer » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:16 pm

Where do you teach? Throughout Michigan, snowkiting on many inland lakes in SE MI and Lake St. Clair when conditions permit. Kiteboarding all over including but not limited to Lake Michigan, Lake St. Clair, Lake Erie, and especially Lake Huron/Tawas Bay where our waterfront shop is located. Tawas offers some of the best riding you'll find in Michigan and North America in my opinion. The inside of Tawas bay is shallow and flat like OBX.

Instructors that work under you: We bring in PASA certified instructors when we need the help.

Support for trainees: (jet ski or boat or ?) Boat support on Lake St. Clair, don't need it for Tawas.

Equipment you teach with: 2010 Liquid Force kites and boards ie: Envy, Havocs, Lowrider, WLF's, Proofs, LF & Protec helmets and CGA Vests by LF and Mystic Venoms and Razor Float Jackets

Certification type? PASA since 2004, riding since 2002. Ski and Snowboard instructor all ability levels.

Incorporated? Y

Insured? Y, legit.

Season? Both Snow and Water, year around stoke!

Equipment you sell: Liquid Force, Mystic, Hyperflex, HQ Kites, SOLO Paddlesurf, Liquid Force Apparel, NSI, Q Powerline.

Contact info: Mark Kuban
MCK: Kiteboarding Headquarters
586-943-5172
sales@motorcitykiteboarding.com
www.motorcitykiteboarding.com

Other: Waterfront shop location on Tawas Bay/Lake Huron, private beach for lessons, online store, free domestic shipping! SUP demo center, tours, instruction, and equipment.
Last edited by hammer on Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hammer
Adrenaline Junkie

Postby Bob » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:18 pm

Bob Cook - Kiteridersllc.com

1) Where do you teach?
Madison, WI and surrounding areas. Yearly riding and training trips to Hatteras and possibly other areas in the future. The Madison Lakes offer you shallow/calmer water training in most wind directions. This can be huge for faster learning.

2) Instructors that work under you:
Jens Hanson, Karl Bzdusek and Craig Jefferds. All great guys who are very experienced and customer focused.

3) Support for trainees:
4 stroke Jet ski used for training and to practice board skills if no wind.

4) Equipment you teach with:
We use all the same current year gear so new rides are using the latest in safety systems for kites and current technology for boards. Cabrinha, Slingshot, Epic kites and Underground, Slingshot and Cabrinha boards. Mystic harnesses. We also offer NPX wet suits for some to use while training.

5) Certification type?
I'm a level 3 certified ski instructor with PSIA and accredited through PMTS for ski teaching and head trainer for the Tyrol Basin Ski School. Through quite an exhaustive search for kiteboard certification I decided against IKO and PASA early on due to what seemed to be very unorganized organizations. I personally wish kiteboarding had better certification companies, but they just are not there yet in my opinion. Well run certification is well worth it, but they are not providing their customers with best practices and best opportunities for instructors.

6) Incorporated?
Yes.

7) Insured?
Yes

8)Season? Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter.
All year.

9) Equipment you sell:
Cabrinha, Slingshot, Epic kites. Underground, Slingshot and Cabrinha boards. Mystic, Dakine and Cabrinha harnesses. NPX and Ocean Rodeo wet and dry suits. Also carry and can order Pro-tec helmets, Ozone and Flysurfer products and a few other brands.

10) Contact info:
Bob@kiteridersllc.com
www.kiteridersllc.com
608-358-0514 cell
608-273-1817 phone

11) Other:
There's a ton of great people in the Midwest area and even worldwide for you all to tap into when getting into this sport. Use us. That is what we are here for. At the same time, take your time and try to do things the right way. Take advice from riders who have been around for a while and we/they will steer you in the right direction. Hopefully...

Please support your local dealers if they are qualified and offer customer focused training, etc. If at all possible, do not buy your first water or snow kite on EBAY or Craigslist unless someone can vouch for it being a great product to buy. It's really tempting to buy a $200 or $300 kite, but oftentimes they are outdated, hard to ride for beginners and may be less safe due to outdated safety systems.

12) What others may not tell you.
a) Scheduling training sessions may be your biggest hurdle when learning due to Midwest winds and conditions being unpredictable. Patience is HUGE in this sport.
b) You will become addicted most likely. Be prepared for it to take over your life. LOL. It's a great addiction though and one to embrace when things are going well and yet to respect when things don't go well.
c) Every riding location has things that suck about it and things that are great. Get to know the big lake well if you live there and your local lakes. Understand where to launch safely from local riders.
d) Ride with others and don't venture to lakes if no-one ever rides there unless you have the experience to judge the launches and landings. There's probably a good reason for it if no-one rides at a certain lake, etc.. Bad launches, too small, etc. etc.
e) Karma is huge. Be nice, help others and it will pay you back tenfold.
f) Beer for your trainers always helps. LOL.
g) Have fun and enjoy the rides.
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
madison, wi
Bob
Wind Whore

Postby Chris@sharkless » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:29 pm

Where do you teach? South Haven, MI Sharkless Boardsports Downtown
Instructors that work under you: 2 Full Time(Max Gorton aka Kite Manager, Ryan Mohney), 3 Part Time (Tommy Fields, Mike Merrill, Little E)
Support for trainees: (jet ski or boat or ?) Dingy Support
equipment you teach with: 2010 Naish Cults, and 2010 Slingshot Octanes
Certification type? IKO / PASA / Other / None PASA 2005
Incorporated? Y/N YEP
Insured? Y/N Y
Season? Snow / Water / Both Yep, Mostly Water though around 300 students a year
equipment you sell: Naish, Slingshot, Arush, and clothing, and flipflops, and wakeboards, and skimboards, and surfboards, and Skateboards, and Bikini's, and boardshorts, and Sunglasses.
contact info: sales@sharkless.com 269-639-SURF (7873)
other: I can bowl a 120 average?
_______[/b]
Chris@sharkless
Kite Crew in Training

Re: Instructor Profiles.

Postby Rorke » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:18 pm

Check out Lake Effect Kite in Leelanau County, MI.

Thanks,

Rorke and WindMill

http://www.lakeeffectkite.com
847-773-5253 (LAKE)
IKO Certified Instructor
USCG Master 100T
USCG Approved Instructor/Examiner
Red Cross - First Aid / CPR Instructor

http://www.lakeeffectkite.com
Rorke
Zen Levitator

Postby Ripshade » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:43 pm

Where do you teach? Caribbean & Midwest
Instructors that work under you: Erika Lee
Support for trainees: (jet ski or boat or ?) Dependent on kite location
equipment you teach with: LEI kites
Been teaching since 2004 & IKO Certified since 2012
Incorporated? - Yes
Insured? - Yes
Season? Snow & Water
equipment you sell: Depends on what I have in stock.

contact info:
Ryan Hainey
Ripshade
Wind Chaser

Postby WaWaZat » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:13 pm

3ME Kite Sports

Where do you teach? Lower Lake Michigan area (also trips to other kite spots)
Instructors that work under you: (Various)
Equipment you teach with: (Various)
Certification type? IKO
Incorporated? Y
Season? Water, Snow and Land (buggy/landboard)
Equipment you sell: To name a few; Ozone, Royal, CrazyFly, Spleene, Flysurfer, HQ, Peter Lynn, Flexifoil, Mystic, NP, ULI Inflatable SUPs...
Contact info: Mike Szromba; eus@3mekite.com; c 708.341.0003
Mike
3ME Kite Sports
eus@3mekite.com
WaWaZat
Zen Levitator

Return to Open Forum