Sat Apr3rd

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Sat Apr3rd

Postby V » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:16 am

Looks like its going to blow with it being a bit cooler and some cloud cover and rain minimizing thermal effect. Looks like MC/StJ gonna be good.
User avatar
V
Unstrapped!
 
Posts: 4173
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2003 8:15 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby jochi » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:02 pm

thats what im thinking too.
jochi
Kite Crew in Training
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 6:08 pm

Postby V » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:22 am

Downgraded for the morning but update still callin 18-30 at ohare wsw starting around noon-1pm but nothibg in the am.
User avatar
V
Unstrapped!
 
Posts: 4173
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2003 8:15 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby V » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:58 am

Update strong west winds at 2pm till sundown hope it holds.
User avatar
V
Unstrapped!
 
Posts: 4173
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2003 8:15 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby jochi » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:37 am

I hope so too. I am making the trip to MC first and will stop there to check it out around 1-2PM. Keeping the option to drive to St. Joe open if it looks SW.

Believe.

J
jochi
Kite Crew in Training
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 6:08 pm

Postby dewsy » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:50 am

I'm in st j. Right now it's starting to pick up but also started misting.. Give me a ring, 630.nine17-77nine0..

-dewsy
dewsy
Master of Kite
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:58 am
Location: Oak Brook, IL

Postby jochi » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:36 pm

At st Jo now. Still light should fill in. It is clearing up, a couple guys out here waiting for it.
jochi
Kite Crew in Training
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 6:08 pm

Postby V » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:14 pm

En route mc
User avatar
V
Unstrapped!
 
Posts: 4173
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2003 8:15 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby slavman » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:30 pm

Montrose,
steady 14-15 knots, by the hook.
big kite + big board, surfboard should be ok.
slavi
slavman
Kite Crew in Training
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:40 am
Location: chicago

Postby V » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:24 pm

12m downwinders on the 130cm at beverly today. Not the best day but we were in the water. How did st joe turn out? I need a 14m for sure...and my 137cm woulda helped...
User avatar
V
Unstrapped!
 
Posts: 4173
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2003 8:15 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby jochi » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:53 am

yeah V, same story at St. Jo. Basically 12m bottom edge of the power, so a bit of walking up wind. Beautiful day though, nice to be in the water. The coming week is shaping up good with SE and N, NW.


J
jochi
Kite Crew in Training
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 6:08 pm


Return to Where to Ride Today

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron