Waukegan Monday?

Kitesurfing or snowkiting...if the wind's blowin'...where you goin?

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Postby dewsy » Mon May 17, 2010 3:14 pm

it's hittin hard in keegs, a little dirty, but still.. wish i had brought my 8m today..
dewsy
Master of Kite

Postby kitenick » Mon May 17, 2010 4:03 pm

Guys,

First off am I correcnt in assuming that Zion is the Illinois State Beach?

If so, be careful, I was there yesterday and got a speeding ticket. Yes I was doing 44 in a 30. I saw the same cop give out two other tickets before I lost sight of him.

jim
kitenick
Adrenaline Junkie

Postby DP » Mon May 17, 2010 4:16 pm

kitenick wrote:Guys,

First off am I correcnt in assuming that Zion is the Illinois State Beach?

If so, be careful, I was there yesterday and got a speeding ticket. Yes I was doing 44 in a 30. I saw the same cop give out two other tickets before I lost sight of him.

jim

I saw that guy handing out tickets yesterday too, must have been a lucrative day. Didn't see anyone kiting though.
DP
Pump Master

Postby kitenick » Mon May 17, 2010 4:20 pm

yeah, he must be very proud. Noone was kiting so I wne to Keegs.

Is Zion the same as Illinois State Park?
kitenick
Adrenaline Junkie

Postby Safe_Cracker » Mon May 17, 2010 4:25 pm

North at keegs is usually pretty unstable. NNE, NE, E, SE, SSE and straight south is the best. E is not good for noobs but I like it lol. Now I keep hearing that SW and SSW is supposed to be doable but it is really dirty in those directions and I have tried with different kites and it just isn't all that predictable.

Polo.
I could be wrong, but not usually

:)-~
Safe_Cracker
Kite Dominator

Postby xwindsurf » Mon May 17, 2010 8:03 pm

My respect to all those True Warriors who made it to keegs today. Any reports, better yet, pics?
xwindsurf
Master of Kite

Postby dewsy » Mon May 17, 2010 9:39 pm

no pics but it was pretty sketchy.. I only saw two other guys out there today and only one of them got out on the water.. I had the flysurfer up with the new board today but it was WAY too much.. and self landing a 15m speed 3 is a picnic and a half especially in 17kts and gusty.. about the only day I didn't bring my 8m (today) was the day I really could have used it..

it was cold, lonely, and dark out there though..

-dewsy
dewsy
Master of Kite

Postby Artem » Tue May 18, 2010 10:38 am

Hey, I rode waukegan from 4-730ish I was out lit on my 12m. I rode inside the jetty. I got some huge jumps yesterday. I would ride parrall to the pier and then I would boost at the end of the pier and look at the light house and judge how high up I was and at some points I was looking down onto the light house. The wind was a bit of a handful at times on my 12m but overall just a sick session in butter flat water!!
Black 2011 12m North Vegas, Orange Best HP Nemesis 7m, 134cm Naish Thorn, 8'6 surfboard
-------------------------------------------------------
Artem
Artem
Boosticus Maximus

Previous

Return to Where to Ride Today