Kite Skating Antioch IL

Pictures and Videos of locals or just great shots. Put em here and brag to your buds about your mad skills fo-shizzle.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Kite Skating Antioch IL

Postby kytbord » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Hi folks,

I've moved past the method trainer in the back yard and on to ice skates w/the same kite on Antioch Lake. Video's not so great 'cause I'm skating, kiting and holding an older camera at the same time but at least you can tell I've achieved forward movement under kite power:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqy-mE1B2go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR_8uWSGRv4

Safety? Helmet, 3m kite, quick release, bypass leash, etc. and I'm comfy on ice skates. I tried the snowboard but it was fairly uncontrollable with the ice being half glare and half light snow cover.

Next step is probably a snowboard lesson from the guys in Madison if they ever get any snow. Or, more downhill snowboaring. Or, the big kite on ice if I can find someone to hook up with.

Any of you folks reading this wanna' do Grass Lake in the near future?
8four7-7seven2-1zero7eight
kytbord
Pump Master

Re: Kite Skating Antioch IL

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:43 pm

AWESOME! I wish I had some time this weekend. Maybe next and willjoin you for sure!
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Re: Kite Skating Antioch IL

Postby seblue » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:21 pm

If you can try to go to a mountain like Cascade or Devils Head or even something even closer. Get a snowboard lesson. I have a snowboard lesson video but its too big to send 500mb. Try to learn snowboard b4 you combine the two.
07 SlingShot 15M Link,13M Fuel
6.2 M FelxiFoil Blade, MBS Comp 95 Pro
Sean 630-939-5001
seblue
Resident Windfreak

Return to Pictures and Videos