Board building 1.0

Pictures and Videos of locals or just great shots. Put em here and brag to your buds about your mad skills fo-shizzle.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Board building 1.0

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:35 pm

I am walking around for a little while to build my own kiteboard. Just the thought of stuff that you need was making me a little discouraged but I am getting there.
A drawing of my rocker table. Just got all my items in today to build this bad ass thing:

Clarification of the sketch:
The frame will be build out of 2 x 4. Total length of 155 by 50 wide. The skinny black lines shaped in a board will be the actual table. Still need to go to home depot to get this part but I think I will be using triplex (or if I can find something more flexible ill used that).

The gray things are threaded metal rods. I will be drilling holes in my rocker board, so I can adjust the total rocker of the board by just adjusting the nods on the rods. Sounds all complicated, maybe it is but it might be useful as well. In the center I will be using a 1 inch strip of wood for concave.

Core for the board:
Waiting for my Foam to come in. Still doing some research of going with PVC core or Styro core.

Help?
From kytbord! Keeping you guys posted about this crazy project
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Re: Board building 1.0

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:24 pm

I ditched the rocker table concept and went over to Styrofoam. Easy to shape and easy to handle. I am building a 140 x 40 Mutant kiteboard. Will post tomorrow some pictures of the total progress of this crazy idea. Total cost so far:
close to $50
- Foam from Lowes $13.70
- Vins $37.50

Need to get inserts and metal tubes for the screws that hold the fins on the board. If interested stay posted. This whole week after work, I will work on this board that will be hopefully a good light wind board!
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Postby gbleck » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:53 pm

Don't need metal just poor some thickened epoxy into a space larger then the screw or a chunk of abs.
Me = 145lb + 6" + (15M spd3 dlx, 11M x-bow, Kahoona 9.5M, 7.5V2) + Zap skim, home made 133 orange carbon aka Bifrost, home made black 170x50 cabon racing light wind tt, 133 wide tip carbon) + red helmet
gbleck
Master of Kite

Postby BRO » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:59 am

This is how we make our inserts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRb3KYw0S-g
BRO
Pump Master

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:10 pm

So I ditched the rocker table and left it for what it is at the moment. A drawing in Sketchup. So I got my self Styrofoam and took it as the design of the Ocean Rodeo Mako kiteboard. Little my own touch in it because we don't wanna have a straight copy.
Will post some pictures later today of the result. Also I wanna thanks Brokite for offering to use their inserts!

All I need to do now is waiting for my fins to come in and glass the board!

Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Postby Dutchkiteboarder » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:04 am

After long time of hard work my evil creation became alive.

https://picasaweb.google.com/maurice.la ... directlink

Yeah I know you can see many flaws in the shape of the board. the fins etc. are not properly in position but it was about the fun and the experience. Waiting for my new toys to come in Thursday and can't wait for the next windy day!

The board is build out of 1.1/2 inch styro foam bought at Lowes for $13 LOL. All in all the board was about $175
Dutchkiteboarder
Kite Dominator

Return to Pictures and Videos