Hawaii Cheap

Did your time away from the rat race serve you well? Don't hold out on the crew. Post the details so we can rent the room you trashed last week.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Hawaii Cheap

Postby dawidp » Wed May 25, 2011 10:41 am

Just saw this...

$450 round trip tickets to Hawaii in September, October, November

http://www.fly.com/deal.aspx?id=CHI0524&Origin=CHI&Destination=HNL&utm_source=tzoo&utm_medium=t20&utm_campaign=CHI052411

How's the season there at that time?

Dawid
dawidp
Board Monkey

Re: Hawaii Cheap

Postby xwindsurf » Sun May 29, 2011 8:18 am

These are the least predictable months, and if you go, I suggest you take your largest kite too.
This is based on talking to locals on my approx. 10 trips there.
Doesn't mean it is not worth it, just be open to other things the islands have to offer, and there is plenty, from scuba to hiking, to locally grown magic herbs :twisted:
Tom
--------------
773-725-2535
xwindsurf
Master of Kite

Postby West » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:12 pm

Buy those tickets........September is the beginning of wave season (Sept-April), and although summer is viewed as the windy time of the year, the wind is generally good until Thanksgiving, and even then it can be windy through the winter....each year is different!!! The least windy period is from December to February (winter)!!!

My experience is that the 2 best months for wind and waves are October and March.......that being said, it is always good to be geared up to enjoy the island given "no wind" conditions....and there is plenty to do when it is not windy as Tom said....snorkel, hike, bike, snuba, surf, etc.......

Half-price on tickets....get 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
West
Wind Whore

Postby xwindsurf » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:23 pm

Hey, West, I hope you didn't sense any negative vibes. Of course Maui is beautiful year-round, and worth visiting, more so for peanuts.
It's just that the windy months have always been so good to me, as a windsurfer, and then as a barely intermediate level kiter, that's what I wanted to emphasize. The magic of Maui for me is that in June/July, anybody can ride at the level way above the mainland.
If you are an expert, your options grow, I am sure.
Tom
--------------
773-725-2535
xwindsurf
Master of Kite

Return to Kitesurfing Vacations