Need Board/Wetsuit and...

If you got some new digs, thinkin its gonna help your kiting step-up to the next level, blow out your used gear here and watch that grom shred harder than you on your old kite.

Moderators: Misfit, adseguy, Pier, Bob, kris, IVO, skysurfr, West

Need Board/Wetsuit and...

Postby AK » Fri May 13, 2005 8:13 am

Howdy All,

I am looking for the following equipment:

* Board
* Wetsuit(4/3 or 5/3, I am 5'10" and 165lbs so Sizes ML, L should fit)
* Boots, hood and gloves (boot size 10)
* Neoprene life vest

If you want to update your stuff for the new season this may be a good chance. Let me know via email, bbkcs@yahoo.com or post something on the message board so I can contact you... I am not looking for something fancy, anything that can get me in(or on) the water should be fine... Pics would be great, if not a few comments on the condition would be good.

Thanks,

- AK
Last edited by AK on Sat May 14, 2005 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
AK
Board Monkey

Postby Trent Hink » Fri May 13, 2005 3:54 pm

I have a good beginner board for you, 150cmx39.5 big enough to learn on but small enough to ride in a very wide variety of conditions.

here's a picture of it when new, it's the red one:

It is pretty beat up now. I rode it for a year and a half and frequently rode onto the beach and ocassionally over some rocks with it, for testing purposes. The heelside rail is worn down from the abuse.

But it should have at least a couple seasons left in it and it still rides great!

The boards i'm making now are a slightly different construction so this one has to go. I still make this same shape because it works so well.

$100

Trent Hink
Trent Hink
Wind Chaser

Postby runsujal » Fri May 13, 2005 7:18 pm

for the wetsuit: check your local academy sports store or one of their other franchises in chicago www.academy.com

i bought a full wetsuit from their for $40. they also have neoprene life vests for $27

for boots: check ebay for "bootie" or "split bootie". last week, i won a brand new booties for $11+shipping...

i hope this helps...
runsujal
Sand Bagger

Postby AK » Fri May 13, 2005 9:42 pm

Thanks for the information Runsujal. Unfortunately Academy does not have any stores in the 250 mi radius. It seems like we have Sports Authority(or sth. like that) around Chicago(this is the one I am aware of) that is most close to Academy style. They only have bodyglove brand full suit 3:2's for 99 + tax. I checked their two locations yesterday and today.
At the one on dempster, there was an 3:2(not sure about the thickness) Oneil at sale for 49.99 which seems like a good buy. But they had only one, and it was a men's S size, and definitely did not fit me :) (5'10" ~170 lbs here). If somebody is looking for one you can check it out...

Anyways, I decided to order a used SkiWarm 3:2 for a decent price.

For the booties and the hood, I will try Ebay as you suggested, I hope I can catch one...(we are shooting for a 4 or 5 mm right?)

Now thinking about my board options. Trent kindly offered me one of his custom ones( by the way are the fins included in the board price Trent?), and I am considering a few more from Ikitesurf(one of the is an asymmetrical). I may ask for some help from the message board to make a final decision.

Thanks a lot once again for the suggestions,

- AK
AK
Board Monkey

Postby Trent Hink » Sat May 14, 2005 9:09 am

the board comes with fins, straps, and the foot pads.
Trent Hink
Wind Chaser

Postby Phillip » Mon May 16, 2005 7:33 pm

Hi I have a JImmy Lewis directional board if you are interested.[/url]
Phillip

Postby AK » Mon May 16, 2005 10:07 pm

Thanks guys.

I recently had a minor(which could be major) accident, and as a result my 12 m Naish X2 is torn apart pretty bad. Thanks God, nothing happened to me physically, just a few very minor scratches on my left arm which already healed in a few days. Actually my kite is sitting on top of a tree right now, where I cant get it back.... :? Therefore I will be taking some time off from kitesurfing, save some money, and possibly try to start over in a few years.

I have met many nice guys in the past few weeks, and hope you guys strong and safe winds...

- AK
AK
Board Monkey

Return to Kiteboarding Equipment for Sale